Hemorrhoids for years - about to seek help - what to ask?
I've had hemorrhoid issues for about 11 years. For the first 9 years, they would only flare up once or twice a year, but as I'm getting older, they're flaring up more often. I have one that swells up before and after a BM, and then it goes down for a while. I've tried OTC products, and they help for a while, but it always comes back. I exercise daily, even if it's just a walk. I also eat a VERY high fiber diet, 40g or more a day. I also cut out soda totally years ago, and now I drink mostly water and juice. I've had my female DR ask me for year if I had pain, and for the most part they didn't, but now they are, and I also have bleeding from time to time. I've been given RX creams that help, but again, it's only short term. I'm thinking of seeing a DR about this, but I don't know what to ask, or what to expect. I'm worried about any type or procedure or surgery, just because of complications. Needing some advice and encouragement!

For the treatment, first of all make sure that you increase the fiber intake in your diet. Then local anesthetic creams,vasoconstrictors,protectants,antiseptics,analgesics(pain relievers),corticosteroids and keratolytics can be used. Non medical treatment involves sclerotherapy, Rubber band ligation,heat coagulation,cryotherapy and surgery.
With experience, many third-degree and some fourth-degree internal hemorrhoids can be treated nonoperatively. Rubber band ligation and cryotherapy have been quite effective before surgery can be sought.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.
up fiber intake and plenty of water in your diet. as you said you want to avoid surgery so should use lido-Nifedipine gel to treat hemorrhoids.