Hemorrhoids Community
Thrombosed Hemorrhoid

Hemorrhoids are swollen and inflamed veins around the anus or in the lower rectum. Discuss topics including external vs. internal hemorrhoids, hemorrhoid bleeding, hemorrhoid creams, symptoms and treatments for hemorrhoids.

Thrombosed Hemorrhoid

I am 50 yrs old. I had a few heart surgeries for Stress cardiomopothy in 2008 + 2009. Because of all the medicines and stress I began to have Really Bad hemorrids.. It got to a point a few years ago that I started getting thrombosed hemorrhoids. I actually had to have surgery to remove a thrombosed hemorroid. They also said after the surgeries that I now have a spastic colon. For a year now I haven’t had a thrombosed hemorrids. Regular hemorrids, yes. Well right now, I have a really bad thrombosed hemorrhoid. I have no health insurance because I have not been able to find a job since the surgeries so I don’t have any Insurance. I did get a cream and a suppository cream from my doctor from the past (not helping. Sit baths (I have done a few)
I am in pain what can I do to get rid of this on my own? Thank you.
I understand you pain.  I have had thrombosed hemorrhoids and the pain is horrible.  I had several lanced while pregnant.  However, more recently the doctor told me they do not always have to be lanced even if they are thrombosed.  Soak in a tub of rather warm water or purchase a plastic sitz bath, filling it with warm water.  The sitz bath sits on the toilet bowl.
My next thought would be, are there any free clinics in your area in case you cannot get relief from the pain??  
Hi TheaT,

It sure is nice to have someone completely get my pain and discomfort without feeling embarrassed. I had one lanced because they couldn’t get it to go away. I keep praying this one will go away because I don’t have insurance right now. I just found out today that I got a part time job. It doesn’t pay much but I need to feel like I am doing something productive. I think the constant stress of not having a job for so long has bound me up too. I am afraid though that I will have to lift and bend at this new job, that will make it worse. Everything seems to make it bad even sitting to long gees, what are we suposed to do nothing LoL. I think I will look for the sitz bath for the toilet at the store as having to go in and out of the tub I tend to only do it once a day. I know I have been told you should do it a few times a day. How often do you do the sitz? I have recently looked for some free clinics. I will call on them if I need to for sure. Thanks for the talk. I really do appreciate it =0) I am glad I found you guys...