Hepatitis A Community
hepatitis c

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hepatitis c

what are the symptoms of hepatitis c?
Most people do not have any symptoms at all. I have been infected since ca. 25 years and only got symptoms a few months ago. I never knew that I had hep c.

The most common symptom is fatigue.

So if you suspect you have been infected, please have a HCV test done. If you already know you have it find out as much as you can about the disease and treatment.

Good luck,

Marcia
Other symptoms besides fatigue are :

joint pain

stomach pain

dark colored urine

light colored stools

jaundice (yellow skin and in the white part of your eyes)

are you worried about a possible exposure to hep C?

The usual route of transmission is blood transfusion and intravenous drug use.

hep c is not considered a STD as Hiv and Hep b are.  Sexual transmission is possible

but very rare.  when sexual transmission does happen, male to female is more likely

than female to male.

If you want to get tested call 'request a test.' 1-888-732-2348.

waiting for a result on something like this is nerve racking but if you are worried, testing

is the only way to move on with life.
Jeny,

No one on this forum will judge you.  Everyone will try to help so if you want to

get something off your chest, feel free.
Yes i am really worried since i have unprotected sexual intercourse..i am really worried coz i dont have work to supply my meds..if i am positive in  hep. C..i have already symptoms..like i feel tired everyday...rash....its like i want to die if i know one day i am..i am really depressed..

jeny
It is very unlikely that you would have contracted hep c from sexual intercourse. Please go to the doctor to get examined and tested. You could have contracted an STD and have those symptoms because of that. Please don't despair. Get yourself tested, so you can have a peace of mind.

Hugs,

Marcia