Aa
A
A
Close

Hepatitis A Community

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

1 - 20 (of 695) questions
NEWEST
ACTIVE
I'm suffering from jaundice since 3months after so many ups and down now I have bilirubin's level of 1.7(1.1 direct and 0.6 indirect.Now tell me how long it may take to recover completely.I have hepatites E and I'm a dance instructor so ...
habul | Posted
It's been a month or so, maybe a bit more, since I was infected with the hepatitis A virus. After resting a lot, doing nothing at home and being careful of what I eat I feel completely fine. Actually I only felt sick for like 3 days at t...
cancinatti | Posted
I had sex 1 week ago with a condom, and during the sex I touched the condom. Then, after the sex, I took the condom off and touched my penis with the hand that touched the condom. Is there any risk of me getting an STD this way? Thanks ...
ziggler66 | Last answer
Hello, First of all, I want to express my sincere gratitude and appreciation of the outstanding work that you do on MedHelp. About a week ago I had sex with an unknown status bisexual person. The sex includes protected (with condom) ...
chegeni_a | Last answer
Hello doctor I have a question regarding an incident happened for me and my family. We drink polluted drinking water. The water was smiling very bad when I see the water tank there was a died bird in our water tank and we drink that co...
ahmedhass | Posted
it might really seem stupid what I'm gonna ask but I need advice My room mate for the next year has been diagnosed yesterday with hepatitis A .. my mom got so worried and asked me not to live with her for the next year ( mom always exagg...
ssima93 | Posted
Hello sir, I have been suffering from Hep-A since October-2014. I my total bilirubin was 5.4 mg/dl. Then I my family doctor provided me medication for 10 days and after 10 days I tested my total bilirubin which was 10.4 mg/dl. SGPT= 69...
Nayandip | Last answer
hello I had Hep-A before... after treatment now my LFTs are normal.....except slight rise in SGPT/SGOT now my SGPT= 54 u/l SGOT= 47u/l other values of LFTs are normal.... should I be worried about Hep-a now??? Am i co...
Nayandip | Posted
Hello all...please help me I was HAV positive before 4 months. I had all symptoms dark urine, fever etc. SGPT/SGOT/Bilirubin were high initially but after 1 month of treatment it came down (T. Bilirubin=1.8 mg/dl) (SGPT=400) (SGOT=20...
Nayandip | Posted
Dear Sir, I had Viral hepatits A two and half months ago with billirubin level above 8 and SGPT around 1600. Now my billirubing level came to normal (i.e. 0.6) but SGPT is 122 which is still above the normal range. I used to do vigorous ...
emranhasan | Posted
burning skin sensation upon standing up in the morning, lower legs, coinciding red scaley patches. Is this Psoriatic arthritis which i have been diagnosed with, or possibly something else? thanx...
sempertry | Last answer
Is there anybody out there ??? HEY. that should be a song title!!!
sempertry | Posted
hello,in my last blood test, my hepatitis A is positive (it was negative before). is there a way to remove it from body so that I will have negative results in future tests? is it dangerous?
me_just34 | Last answer
My question is, Is it possible to contract Hep A twice in ones lifetime? because i recently had a sexual encounter and that I have posted on the HIV prevention forum and so I got tested for everything at 30 days post exposure. Hep A came...
Red5000 | Last answer
While stationed in Europe in the early eighties, I, along with a large number of my fellow soldiers, contracted Hepatitis A from a backed up drain in a gang shower. My symptoms started several weeks after everyone else was over it. after...
sempertry | Posted
Hello there. So here is my case. I had hepatitis A, E and Lyme disease. It all happened in two week time, while I was in hospital. Well I've been treated from all but for some reason my liver enzymes are still fluctuating. Its been o...
summit33 | Posted
I just got my blood result for an STD screening, I don't think I have ever asked for hep tests but I did this time. I popped for Hep A. I don't know how long I have had it. 1. How will this affect sex life, can I transmit this to my p...
jugg82 | Last answer
My daughter has got fever of 102 degrees and after consulting doctor as per prescription, medicine for fever given but no result of improvement has been observed and she started vomiting and further no oral intake .On 3rd day blood test ...
Sainttiger | Last answer
Hi, I just had first dose for Hep A and B, but did not go for the second. Recently (3 months back) I had two rimming encounters with females (unknown) and now seriously worried about Hep A. I have lot of abdominal sounds and worried. ...
N_Boy | Posted
Dear Doc, I just had first dose for Hep A and B, but did not go for the second. Recently (3 months back) I had two rimming encounters with females (unknown) and now seriously worried about Hep A. I had lot of abdominal sounds and wor...
N_Boy | Last answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis A Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...