Hepatitis A Community
low white blood count

This community is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient community for questions and support regarding Hepatitis A. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hep A, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

low white blood count

I am in treatment for hep c my white blood count is 2.8 is this a concern
Yes, that is very low. the real value is 2.8 x 1000 per (I believe) cubic centimeter of blood. So yours is probably 2,800. But the normal range is about 5.0-under 10 or by my way 5,000-9,000 or under 10,000. I am surprised the doctor didn't say anything. But the thing is if you are on Ribaviran and/or interferon you are going to get side efffects. There is no way to go around it. It is like chemotherapy and you are trying to save your life. How do you feel? I would ask the doctor when you get a chance to explain where you should get nervous. He would withdraw meds if it becomes life threatening. It can't hurt to ask them anyway. i assume you are very tired? Take care of yourself and get lots of rest.
mkh9
I went into the hospital for a couple days right after labor day. I was put on IV antibiotics for resperatory infection. They got my white count up from 2.3 to 3.7 by the time I got out. I am feeling much better even at that level. I had blood work done today...hoping I can at least stay at 3.7. I have the big tests done the end of Oct. at which time I will be undetectable or I will continue on with treatment. I refuse to quit. Thank you for responding to my post. I hope your doing well.
Debbie
You all should check out the Hep C forum. There are people there that have been there for years and glad to help!