Hepatitis B Community
Acute HBV Symptoms with Chronic diagnosis?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is it possible to have acute hbv like symptoms such as Jaundice, fatigue, pale stools and the like if diagnosed with chronic hbv?

you have to make a fibroscan or biopsy to know how your liver is. no other possible way

if alt are more than 200 fibroscan cannot read fibrosis, some researchers can read but normal operators don t

this after you made all blood tests here:
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

unless you make all blood test here ou can have anything, hepatitis hbvor hcv or all the other viruses cannot be detected by synthoms, blood tests are needed at minimum.all the rest is wasted time and just talking

no you cant liver your life with those syynthoms.hepatitis are called silent killers because they kill you without synthoms lasting almost a whole life time

the very few with synthoms are acute hbv cases with clears 98% time, all the cronic (chronic) come from birth infection

hbv is a benigne disease, the only danger comes from the fact that it is silent so most of the people around has hbv or hcv infection and is not aware, this way without taking drugs at older age after 50yo it turns in to cirrhosis and liver cancer

early cirrhosis can even be reversed, so the problem is getting to know you have it before you dye, it is not hbv itself to kill you but liver cancer after a whole life of infection without any sign
So you are saying that the symptoms I'm currently experiencing are most likely due to acute hbv with a possibility of clearing up?

yes you cant live long with high bilirubin which is due to liver failure on active hbv, cronic (chronic) hbv carriers would dye in 1-10 years

there are 2 type of damage:
acute, which can make liver failure but no permanent damage if you recover in a short time.this damage has inflammation but no fibrosis or almost none (fibrosis is not correlated with liver failure)

cronic (chronic), slow damage with fibrosis but no liver failure.you may reach liver failure after cirrhosis and decades of severe damage.this damage is due to oxidative stress but not directly due to the virus.those with strong antioxidant defence in the system will never develop cirrhosis or severe damage despite the active virus

check hbcab igm if positive you have acute hbv but if negative you have cronic (chronic) hbv and may be at final end stage cirrhosis

also check liver function
My eye sockets, face and body feel warmer to the touch than in the past - do you believe these symptoms may be associated with the hep b virus. I cant seem to deal with heat, as it feels extremely hot for me. For example today its 75 degrees out, but it felt like it was 100 degrees.

I actually am going to see my doc this week as i took some tests via Quest, where i can discuss with him some of the details involved. perhaps i will know for sure where i stand in terms of my symptoms and the hbv virus is going...

if you haven t taken blood tests you can have any hepatitis virus not hbv, there are as many viruses as the whole alphabet...also consider that 1000 diseases make the same synthoms you have not only hepatitis
I have been diagnosed with HBV, however I dont know for sure whether what I have is acute of chronic. that is what I will be discussing with my doc this wed.

I know that the symptoms I'm currently experiencing describe acute hbv, thus that is what i'm looking to confirm with my doc.

And if its chronic, i want to know what treatments i can begin to take to at least subside the symptoms i'm experiencing.

just be sure it is a very expert liver specialist because most are ignorant, if it is a normal doctor 99,9% ignorant.

in any case interferon, tenofovir and entecavir are the only safe tretaments available.the first cures 11% patients at 5 years, the other 2 are useless on virus and just stop liver damage

the combo of interferon+those antivirals increases cure rates at minimum 30% in 2 years therapy

since therapies available now are almost useless on infection and extremely expensive without healthcare coverage be sure you have liver damage before starting or you just waste money and take sides effects for nothing