Hepatitis B Community
Acute Hep B or possible anxiety?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Acute Hep B or possible anxiety?

Sorry if this post is a little long but I'm after some advice based on people's experience.

I had a possible exposure to Hep B just over 11 weeks ago on a Monday.

I had a sexual encounter where there was no penetration. It was manual relief and i was the recipient. Lube was used but I think the lube may have been tainted. I've been symptomatic ever since this incident. When I say 11 weeks ago Monday I mean this coming Monday it will be 12 weeks.

lube was applied by removing the tube that the lube would normally travel up from the bottle and then wiped on me. I obviously was not the first person to have it applied that way hence my concern.

The next day I wasn't feeling myself.  I went to a UK GUM clinic that Thursday for STD testing and everything came back clear.

The next week I (1 week after) I went to the doctors as I was feeling a bit weak and not myself and was prescribed something for a white coating on my tongue which did not clear the white on my tongue.

5 weeks after the possible exposure I was back at the doctors as still not feeling myself and was prescribed tablets for the white coating on my tongue, this did not clear it.  I was also tested at this time for liver/kidney function and everything came back fine.

7 weeks after possible exposure I was back at the doctors as I was suffering abdominal pain and pain at the top of my legs and increased noise/gas in my intestines/abdominal area.  The doctor though it was stress related due to me fixating on my possible exposure.  The abdominal/leg pain went away about an hour after I left the doctors.  I also noticed some minor weight loss and I had some loose stools on one occasion.

8 weeks after the possible exposure I had more tests at a UK GUM clinic or STD's inc hepb hepc and all came back clear the week after.

10 weeks after I was still suffering occasion abdominal pain and also did not feel myself.  This week I alo had another blood draw for liver/kidney function and all came back normal. I was also given tablets to relax my abd muscles (buscopan)

11 weeks later I've noticed that I've started to feel myself a bit more and also I've noticed that the increased abdmonal sounds and abdmonial pains seem to have dissapeared or at least eased a lot.  I still have the white coating on my tongue.

I'm now at 11 weeks 6 days after the possible exposure.

I had negative STD testing at day 3 / 42(6 weeks) / 56(8 weeks) / 60(8 weeks 4 days, HIV only duo test)

I'm going for HIV/Syphalis/HepB/HepC on week 12 in a couple of days

Does my experience over the last 12 weeks sound like Acute Hep B? I would love it to be anxiety/stress but I'm not sure.  Guess I will find out more next week (week 12)

I will be going in for my 12 week test on Tuesday. I'm prepared for the worse though as I've been experiencing slight sharp pains in my right abdomen just below the rib cage and also I have lost 5lb in weight in the last couple of weeks. Also my urine seems darker and smellier than normal some of the time.  I would have thought if my urine had gone darker it would have stayed darker rather than come and go if it was liver related.

Thanks for your time.
It does not sound like hbv, it sounds like paranoia.
Drink more water and urine color should become normal.
For  the pain on the right side check the gallbladder with gastroenterologist ultra sound should be good to check it.
I hope you are correct

hbv gets cleared anyway in adults 96% times so not a problem anyway
incase you test negative for all the test which i am praying so, dont repeat such mistakes again dear, love life, because it is precious
I will find out tomorrow 17:15 uk time. I will post back here
tests must not be all negative

hbsag needs to be negative and hbsab positive, all the rest doesn t matter
you are right steff, but i grouped all his test. as he explained HBV, HIV and Siphilys
Bloods are in. I will know one way or another in just over 4 hours. If the tests come back negative I will be amazed. I just cannot believe anxiety can be such a powerful thing.
we all praying and hope so for you. but if is the other way round, still master courage, nothing is imposible under the sun. your ability to control your emotions and the will power to survive will make you a man. i have always been a survivor and will always be. keep it bro
Everything came back negative thank god
explain further, where everything negative means?
Neg for hep b c hiv antibodies at 12 weeks which the std specialist said was conclusive
thank god for you. so now remember the advice i gave to you ok