Aa
A
A
Close
Allergy medicine and hbv?
I was walking at the mall, and got really hot, and broke out in little red rash, and was really itch.  Might be hep b related.  Maybe not.  It's been happening for the past couple years.  Has anybody experience these little itchy rashes?  And is allergy medicine like Benadryl or zertac safe with having hbv?  Dr on vacation for next three weeks.  Thanks
Cancel
5 Answers
Page 1 of 1
no hbv not correlated, hbv has no symptoms

those are symptoms of an immune activation excess not hbv or of vitamin d deficiency because immune system is not balanced with low vit d
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Hep B is only a virus where the immune system attacks it causing damage to the liver. Hep B virus itself does not cause damage, but the immune system attacking hep b causes damage to the liver. The 2 main concerns with hep b are liver damage caused by immune system creating fibrosis then cirrhosis then hcc or the hep b virus mutates into HCC. If we keep virus under control and the immune system can not attack it, we only have to worry about the hep b virus mutating or causing hcc. I know you are nervous just like the rest of us and want to think hep B is causing many problems but it really is unrelated.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
I just found out that with vulnerable liver like us, we should stay away from allergy meds.  My GP told me once a while SHOULD be okay, not everyday though.  Going to ask my hepatologist on next appointment in April
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
that might be due to change in envionment, weather, cold or any allergen. Avoid taking antiallergy drugs for long term therapy as they suppress immunity and thereby give chance to hbv to proliferate.. short term use is ok. HBV isnt related at early stage.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
liposomal vitamin c works like anti allergy drugs and end of normal vit d levels (90-100ng/ml) make allergies almost non existant.this is easily solved

under tdf we dont have to worry of hbv mutations too
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources