Hepatitis B Community
Baraclude and Viral Clearance

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Baraclude and Viral Clearance

My doctor just started my treatment and put me on Baraclude. He told me that, based on my viral markers, he has faith that I'm a candidate to spontaneously resolve the virus. This may be hot air, but it does help emotionally.

I have been trying to find out what percentage of Baraclude users do spontaneously resolve the virus. Does anyone know? Also, what is the standard profile--in terms of markers and history--of people that typically resolve the virus?
Baraclude as a medication claims to control replication of virus only.  If you by chance clear the virus, then the percentage is the usual 1-2% that heppens with or without treatment.
spontaneous clearance happens when you first get infected...95% of adults first exposed to hep b will clear the virus. but, if you're a chronic carrier, you're only going to be able to clear the virus if you're on therapy...even then...surface antigen clearance is about2%..which is considered cured. so, if don't know what you're physician is talking about, perhaps you misunderstood him. also, you are a chronic carrier correct? if not, you shouldn't be on this drug.
My last test result indicated seroconversion, which means that HB BE antigent is non-reactive and HB B E Antibody is reacitve.  It was the opposite 6 month prior.  I was on Hepsera for about 2 years, and doctor put me on Baraclude together with Hepsera.  After 3 months on Baraclude, my DNA virus was none detectable.  After 6 months, seroconversion occurs.  However, my doctor told me to continue the medication for at least one year.  But I want to stop taking the meds after 6 months.