Hepatitis B Community
Chances of infection

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Chances of infection

Hello, this is my first post here. I am 24 years old and really paranoid about a possible infection with HBV.
   As it turns out, a girl I had been dating for the last month was leading a double life (I'm now really sure she is a high class escort). Last Thursday on august 20th was the first time we had sex. I used a condom during penetration but after that she removed the condom and gave me a handjob occasionally slapping my penis against her vagina.There was no penetration after she removed the condom, but I am worried that I may have come in contact with the vaginal fluid she might have had on her hands or on the outer labia.

I do not know if she is infected but in the area I live in close to 9% of the population had the disease and given the fact that now I know the truth about her..I'm considering the possibility that she might be a carrier.

What are the chances of contracting HBV from such an encounter ? Please respond , I know that to get tested I have to wait for about 6 months until the incubation period ends.

I also know that in cases like this the post exposure prophylaxys is HBIg and a first dose of vaccination within 14 days of exposure. There is no way I can get HBIg here. It is very hard to come by. The vaccine is easily available
though but I don't know if it will do any good now. What course of action should I take ?
vaccinate ASAP.
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB---potential-exposure/show/999?cid=153

I don't know what you can do about the other STDs that you may have been exposed to.
  Thank you for your response sharp, but I have an additional question. I have read the information provided in your link but something is still not clear to me.
  If I get the vaccine tomorrow morning that is 3 days + after the potential exposure, without a HBIg  (hepatitis B immune globulin)  dose, will it do any good ?

Any estimates of the chances of being infected after the events that I described?
"will it do any good ? "
All these doctors and researchers came up with the procedure. Not me. Let's hope they know what they are doing.
estimates? Low probability. No guarantees.