Hepatitis B Community
Chronic Hep B carrier

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Chronic Hep B carrier

Hi, I am a chronic Hep B carrier.  My doc has put me on Viread, but he said I will have to be on this for life.  I know there are others in there have have better specialists helping them clear this virus.

Anyone living in the Dallas area that have a good specialist at treating HBV that they can recommend?
Avatar dr f tn
Viread is used to treat hepatitis B infection. It can cause side effects like liver damage, nausea, and stomach pain. The duration and dosage of therapy can be decided only by a hepatologist.It is suggested to consult a heptaologist.A detailed medical evaluation may be necessary for exact diagnosis and management of your condition. Hope you find this information useful. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!