Chronic Hep B carrier
Hi, I am a chronic Hep B carrier.  My doc has put me on Viread, but he said I will have to be on this for life.  I know there are others in there have have better specialists helping them clear this virus.

Anyone living in the Dallas area that have a good specialist at treating HBV that they can recommend?
Viread is used to treat hepatitis B infection. It can cause side effects like liver damage, nausea, and stomach pain. The duration and dosage of therapy can be decided only by a hepatologist.It is suggested to consult a heptaologist.A detailed medical evaluation may be necessary for exact diagnosis and management of your condition. Hope you find this information useful. Keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!
I have been on it for 4 years. I have not experience any type of side effects yet.  However, I would love to get off it one day. Are there alternatives?  So far my viral load is not detectable...
Hi hbvgone..

Why were you put on viread in the first place? If you are an inactive carrier with undetected hbv dna and no damage why were you put on viread? Or were you active before and thats why you were put on viread?

Also, how do they decide if you should be on viread tablets or on the injection (peginterferon)? If your on viread do you have to take it for life? And if you take the peginterferon injection then after one year if hbv dna is undetected can you stop taking all medication?

Finally, is the coast of viread tabs close to a 1000dollars a month? Thats damn expensive.
I have been on Viread TDF for the last 7 years, my hbdna is und and never had no problem at all. Now just switched to TAF and will see the results
Have you achieved any reduction in hbsag quantity from your baseline value? Could you share your results with us; I wonder how the long term benefits of viread could be in reducing the hbsag, since you've used the drug for 7 years.

To be honest I don't know my hbsag quantity because in the USA I don't think they have the mechine to do a quant test only qual
I've read here in this forum recently that they have begun to test hbsag quantitative in the U.S. Also I've read on the internet that it is actually much technically harder and more costly to do a hbv dna quantitative analysis than hbsag quantitative test. The reason why they didn't offer hbsag quantitative tests before might be because they didn't see the importance of doing so to the follow up and monitoring of hbv patients.