Hepatitis B Community
Exercise for Chronic Hep B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Exercise for Chronic Hep B

Hi All,

I am a Hep-B chronic patient. My doctor checks me every 6 months and says my viral load is low and I don't need medicine.

Can I do boxing for 1 hour a day 3-4 times a week? not very intense, but a bout 15 minutes warm up and skipping and then about 30 minutes punching bag and pads and then 15 minutes cool down? I know I can transfer the virus to others so I need to be careful.

Also, will I ever clear this virus? or will it stay with me for rest of my life?

I am 27 and live in UK

Thanks in advance and any reply will be appreciated.

you can do whatever what matters is no red meat/fats diet but fresh food mostly vegetables, white meat, fish

your doctor can t monitor your condition by viral load, are you sure he just checks viral load or alt/ast?if so change doctor right away because only fibroscan can monitor liver damage and need for therapy or not.

i myself reached cirrhosis in 2009 because of this doctors malpractice or ignorance so better be monitored by fibroscan and ultrasound every 6 months always
Thanks for replying.

Sorry to hear about your cirrhosis, my Dad has it too. hope you recover.

My doctor monitors my condition by testing viral load, ast/alt. They seem normal. After lots of arguments and discussions my doctor has finally agreed to do a fibroscan for me next month. I will post my results.

I don't know how many times I asked them but they won't do a hbsag quant test for me. is it too expensive? I have a feeling they don't appreciate the benefit of it.

Will I ever clear this virus and become immune to it?

Thanks again

it regressed already at 1.5years treatment thanks to all the info posted in this community by HR (hepatitis researcher).

after my experience with the best doctors, even the one who lead me to cirrhosis by totally stupid guidelines at that time, i no longer trust simple doctors at all but only the most experienced researchers.
my suggestions to all is always double check the knowledge of your doctors because being a doctor doesn t mean being expert and this is true most of the time for hbv

if you have to argue for the fundamental test on hbv like fibroscan, do change doc right away, alt and hbvdna are useless as you will find in lastest studies posted here to know if liver is damaged or not.alt canbe abnormal and liver no dmage and also the opposite....

is it too expensive?
5 to 7 euros, extremely easy, ready even same day.the same as qualitative  just different process and new machines.if they dont use hbsag quant they are obsolete or ignorant doctors, immune hbv status and possible clearance by immune therapy can t be determined without hbsag quant

it is not even possible to tell your hbv status for sure, you just done complement tests which are useless alone.browse the comunity and medhelp healthpages for hbv and you ll find out how your doctor is ingnorant....dr.gish published a book for ignorant doctors, you ll find it on healthpages, you can take it to your doc

by the way UK healthcare is the worst in europe and they dont even have hbsag quant tests....some members moved to italy/france to test hbsag quant, hbv genotype and hbv mutations
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/the-general-book-of-ignorance-about-hepatitis-B/show/1152?cid=153

the book is from 2009-2010 but maybe your doctor is even behind 2009-2010 guidelines

HR most interesting posts
http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepResearcher-doctor-on-various-topics/show/38?cid=153

for your father
etv or tdf making hbvdna und plus hepatitis technologies supplements are able to regress cirrhosis very fast, mine was advanced with nodules and fibroscan 16.3kpa pick, to 6.3kpa in 1.5years and probably below 5kpa now.we are now seeing nodules less evident on one lobe of the liver at about 2years

the key is hbvdna und, diet, fresh food, low bmi, heptech supplements, vit d.antivirals alone are very slow requiring 6 years and not regressing on all
我来自中国,和你一样27岁,和HBv共存20多年了。目前自己也是名医生。
根据2010年的指南推荐HBV dna检测每年一次就可以了。目的是为了考虑是否需要抗病毒。
    如果正常的,每3-6个月查肝功能,半年一次腹部彩超就行。肝脏纤维检查也可以每年一次。整个检查话费也不高的。40岁以后肝纤维和ca的检查就要列入常规检查了。
    平时饮食吃药药特别注意,护肝很重要。
    以现在的科技水平,我们只能和病毒共存,就像人类不能战胜糖尿病、高血压病一样,良好共存,也不影响生活。就想正常人皮肤、肠道里的细菌一样长期共存一样的。希望和楼主能多多交流。