Hepatitis B Community
HBV Treatment and regain health!!??

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HBV Treatment and regain health!!??

So I started the Viread on August 17 and so far so good.  This might
be a dumb question, but need to ask. Now with this medication I
understand it is an antiviral which supposed to suppress the virus or
keep it from spreading further and possibly lower the viral load that
I currently have. Now although my viral load has not been very high
according to our last meeting, why is it that I feel and look very
unhealthy considering how I felt and looked prior to the diagnosis.
Since my diagnosis, my health has progressively deteriorated since my
diagnosis...hair is thinning, eyes (pigmentation) have discolored
immensely, skin is erupting with acne(forehead primarily) which does
not seem to go way.

Can I expect the medicine to reverse the unhealthy feeling and
appearance that I have been experiencing. I have been eating quite a
balanced diet. Just got back to exercising. The only internal
abnormality I find right now is my lack of energy. Most of my health
discomfort is on the exterior which are the excess brown pigmentation
in my sclera, persistent acne on forehead, and the thinning hair.

these antivirals are toxic and you have to see pro and cons before starting them

for example i had cirrhosis  so no questions asked, antiviral is a must, but the antiviral alone cant do nothing to improve life quality, appearance and so on
i have the same problems as aging faster, losing/thinning hair even on sides and back of the hair where it is supposed to stay healthy hair anyway in men

so the use of antivirals against hbv virus is totally useless, as you have seen in the forum they are not a cure for hbv but they can only stop liver damage.if you had no liver damage you are jsut worsening your health

the infection has also worsen since you have started antivirals because the virus spread to other cells have nothing to do with hbvdna and while your hbvdna is und many other cells might have been infected.this makes very dangerous to stop antiviral because if you stop it those cell will start making virus (hbvdna) and you r immune system will kill them, this can make very dangerous flares of alt with liver failure

the only way to stop safely is to combo with interferon for about 6 months and then slowly disctoninue tenofovir

but before making all this we have to know where we are and hbsg quant and fibroscan are the only tools......if you never checked this maybe you need antviral, post all tests you have

another way to improve liver is hepatitistechnologies products, they are able to regress cirrhosis and probably keep virus and liver coesist with no damage, a theory which researchers are trying to prove on heptech trials.resuts of these trials on intl liver congress 2011 san francisco

we know that todd regressed cirrhosis despite hbv+hcv active infection, it took about 6 years of heptech but now his liver is about 4.8kpa....i havent  seen US and nodules but it should be perferctly healthy with no nodules with such low kpa

the purpose of antivirals is lower risk of hcc and cirrhosis/severe fibrosis...when this damage is not reached it is my opinion that healthy life styles and supplements like heptech can do even better

id consider antivirals when fibrosis is over 7-8kpa of fibroscan or when markers of hcc risks as precore bcp virus muatnts are present or when gentoypes are b or c.if there is a family history of hcc it is better to use antivirals as well
Since hepatitistechnologies has effective role in cirrhosis regression, why dont doctors all over the world prescripe them?
As you might remember I am not on any tx yet, my hbv dna in 1.7 mil copies/ml, but fibroscan 4.2kpa in April 2011. Middle of September I am going to check 25(OH) D, HbsAg Quantity, Fibroscan. Which are the tests I should make to know the risks of hcc? I see in your above post that I should make the test to know genotype. You mentioned " when markers of hcc risks as precore bcp virus muatnts are present  " ; what kind of test I should make to know whether precore bcp virus muatnts are present ?
I had 2 aunties and 1 uncle who had hcc. But I must say they did not take care of themselves. When I was younger I lived with them not with my parents. I got the hep b from them I guess. Because both my parents and my sister don't have the disease. I am taking HepTec products right now..all 4 types.
Thank you Stef.

if not clear yet, the pharma circus work this way....doctors are informed and pushed by big pharma...heptech is paid by researchers themselves and also studies and trials.it is not a drug from big pharma is just researchers puttting money on it.

i think many will know it after presentation at liver congress 2011 but most doctors will never know about it

i believe that heptech can prevent any hcc since they prevent fibrosis development but we have no sure data on it so it is better to suppress hbvdna in a way or another but since your liver is perfectly helthy there is no rush and better wait for interferon lambda and also see if gcmaf has any effect on hbv

the test are ususally names hbv mutations in the core and hbv genotype....if your doctor doesn t know i will check what test was used on me
i suggest also polimerase mutations and hbsag a determinant mutations if you find them

these are all research level tests except core mutations and polimerase mutations, these should be easily available, at least in western europe
I really appreciate your advice on my case. I'll definitely wait for new treatment options like interferon lambda or gcmaf.
I'll check with the hospital I am going in Sept. whether they can perform core mutations and polimerase mutations test.