HBeAG/HBeAB
hello,
it's me again. Some of you might remember me. I was recently diagnosed with Hep B. After the choc, the questions, the denial, the anger, the tears. I am back to being normal again.What can a girl do? I have had some more tests done and all my liver functions are normal. I don't have any symptoms. My question is. should I still go for the biopsy? what would you guys do? I am a little scared.
my other question is. Can anyone tell me more about the e antigen? I am HBeAg - and HBe AB +. I thought that was a good thing but I am reading that patient with e Ag- have a higher risk of cancer is that true.
I know none of you guys are Doctors and most of you have Hep C but please if anyone knows what I am talking about please help!!

Tristana

I can't comment on the E antigen. But I strongly advise a biopsy. It is the only way to see how you liver cells are doing, the procedure is not that bad. But shows a wealth of information.

God Bless,

TonyZ
No you are not right. Chances with Hebeag positive which means high replication of virus are much higher.
I would not advice biopsy in case you have normal enzymes and undetectable DNA.In this case there is no way to fix the damage even the liver has some. It provides the information which is useless in your case (only if enzymes are normal and DNA is negative)