Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg reactive, need help on how to make it NON REACTIVE..

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

im female, 23, and a nurse.. i'm currently unemployed because i was detected to have Hepa B and i guess i acquired it thru an accidental needle ***** in the hospital while on-duty..my concern is,my HBSag is REACTIVE and according to my lab results, it is INCREASING in count.. my last result is 2,173 (took last January 2010) but today it's 2,676..last July 2009 i went to check my HBV DNA.. here are the results:

HBV-DNA: 997 IU/ml
SGPT: 17.2 (normal)
HBsAG: 2,676 REACTIVE
Anti-HBs: 1.62 NONREACTIVE
HBeAg: 0.138 NONREACTIVE
Anti HBe (reverse): 0.016 REACTIVE
Anti HBc IgM: 0.108 NONREACTIVE
Anti HBc IgG (reverse): 0.064 REACTIVE

what should i do? the doctor said i can't take anti-viral since my HBVDNA is very low, but i am really bothered, i want to know what medicine should i take and approximately how long will i take it?interferon and baraclude are so EXPENSIVE..im taking Silymarin (Liverton and Siglaton) so as to prevent further liver damage..but i really want to know how should i get free from Hepa B..the doctor said im not highly contagious, is that true?i find it hard to have a job because of this health problem..help!!! thanks so much..
there are no drugs that can lower hbsag except interferon and alinia (nitazoxanide)

what are your alt/ast, if normal interferon is almost useless as well

you might try nitazoxanide because very active in hbe negative hbeab positve, 2 pills per day, generic is 206.99usd per 180pills but can be found even lower price, it might take 2 years or more to make hbsag negative if it works on you

HBsAG: 2,676 REACTIVE, this is a qualitative test and doesn't reflect quantity but only positive/negative.you must make abbott hbsag quantitative test in iu/ml unit to know quantity, if you are always inactive it should be low already

baraclude, viread and all other antivirals are useless for you they don't lower hbsag just stop hbvdna but you don't need that it is already low.nitazoxanide should make hbvdna low in a copule of weeks and hbsag low/negative in 1-2years

thanks for the quick reply..

alinia (nitazoxanide)? i haven't heard of that.. i wonder if it's available here in the Philippines.. i guess it's expensive too, just like interferon and baraclude.. do i have to continuously take it for two years? will it really take that long for me to have a NONREACTIVE result? should i have to consult a physician regarding this or can i just get this medicine over the counter?

in additional, i would like to know, what kind of diet would u suggest for me? im planning to go strictly vegan, im not into softdrinks and i don't drink alcohol too.. is it true that chocolates are not good for hepa patients?

thanks so much for your info.. i appreciate it a lot! =)

it is an old anti diarrea (diarrhea) drug without sides and used for babies or aids patients but they have found it active on hiv-hbv coinfected

it is off label, clinical trials are still phase 2 but it is an old drug without patent so you can find it with different names everywhere, you can buy it online i know only lupin, cipla and romark as reliable (the order is from cheaper to more expensive)
thanks so much..

if i started with nitazoxanide, how often should i go for another lab exam?
and please please, answer my question regarding diet for hepa patients.. coz they said there are no food limits, but i do think there is, coz some food will affect the liver function, right? i just can't believe what they said about CHOCOLATES, is it true that i should avoid eating chocos? (i love sweets.. lol..)
lastly, can u give me a link where i can find some infos regarding nitazoxanide? thanks..

Pleas one  dont ever lose hope whatever the situation you have..You will be cured just think postive all the time..claim it to God that you are Healed and believe it will be granted thats
the power of postive thinking the law of attraction. it really happen just pray and have faith to God im sure no disease will not be healed if only you have faith to God.. Just think of this "God can move mountain then how much more on removing any sickness that we have...right? just believe and have faith...
thanks! =)
healthy food in general. in particular food rich of antioxidants (not choccolate but cocao without sugar), cucumin, fresh friuts, cofee, melatonin etc
check also for vit D (50-60ng/ml), zinc (about 900-1200) and selenium (130-150) to boost immune system

must avoid smoke and alcool like poison

if you start ntz make baseline check before starting ntz, 4 weeks, 12 weeks and 24 weeks or just 4 weeks and 24 weeks
hbsag, hbvdna both quantity in iu/ml
alt/ast

docs about alinia, but also follow alinia thread with updates of our group and share results of therapy with our group so anybody can benefit:

https://docs.google.com/fileview?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRNGIyZjk5YzktYTM0Ny00NTg1LThlZWUtNjc1ZGVhMzUzZGVl&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRYzlhNDEwMDctZjViMS00NmNkLTk2ZjctZDJkNzZkMTY0ZTE1&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRODEwMTJmNzgtYWMyYS00MDBjLTg3YTEtZTQ5ODQ5ODM5NWYw&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRYWRhNzg4YTMtMjM5ZC00YmJiLWE3N2ItMTI4MThmYmM3MzU0&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRZjNhNzIwYmMtNGQwZS00YzZkLTlhOWYtYzNhNmJmYzc1Yjhk&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRNmI5YzEwMjgtNWU4MC00ZmYzLTlhNDItZTdiMjdmZTdiOGZj&hl=en

https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B_yFgxI8KNcRZjJlZWU0M2ItMzY5Ny00YTIyLTllZmMtM2M2NGY4ZmRmMjMw&hl=en
thanks so much.. =)
so meaning eating chocolate are not advisable for havind hbsag reactive,,

coz most people having experience of hepa telling that kept eating sweets,food... likes chocolates and candies that can be help fixing hepa
cocao is good but chocolate is not because it is almost all sugar which is extremely toxic and cancerogenic
I eat organic 80% chocolate with whole cacao beans and some canne sugar...

What's wrong with it?
Mady your not alone..hbv ruin my life.
sugars inactivate immune cells but i understand that making all sugars to zero is difficult

as to cocoa i use this brand rapunzel
http://www.rapunzel.de/uk/p_kaffee.html

that is the only unsweetened cocoa which is extremely tasty, smell very good and sweet, this is also non heated so it has no damage to vitamins and antioxidants...this is easily solved in warm water or even room temp water, i also cut all milks from my diet and using bio-almonds milk which has grape sugars added to make it sweet with no need of sugar

it is totally different from the non -bio cocoa big brands i used to buy which have also chemicals added and high temp processed....these actually smell very very bad and are very difficult to eat with no sugar and dissolve or water
but when i travel for work it is impossible not to eat the delicious cakes that you find everywhere in italy or cappuccinos, so from time to time i break the rules.....

one interesting fact happened lately: i stopped the blueberries and berries totally, i thought they were not necessary anymore and my weight jumped from 68kg to 71-72kg in few weeks.i restarted blueberries this week and if weight normalizes to 67-68kg max it definitely adds something to regulate fat metabolism.
all friends that started berries also lost weight and never stopped it for long periods because feeling unwell if not eating for few days already