Hepatitis B Community
HBsAg value doesn't increase if there is undetected viral load?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I was curious to know whether HBsAg value increases although undetected viral load for HBeAg negative and HBeAb patients?

I have HbsAg count of 5209 now with all normal liver function test, wanted to know if HBsAg count keeps increasing or it stands steady?
They have nothing to share, a good percentage of patients has an increase of hbsag with hbvdna und on antivirals, i also had hbsag increase on etv for 3 years
it can move any direction also into undetectable some day, you can not predict it.
Omg m not alone ;)
So in my case I have hbv dna fluctuate between 2000 and 10000 iu/ml
and hbsag is at 147

If I start antiviral my hbsag will increase?
If I go with peginterfron will it also increase?

I'm trying to put some statistics
It's very low, since when you monitor it ? Maybe it goes down ?
Both antiviral and peginf should decrease it, peginf of course should do it much faster.
Well i only started last year. Below is my results with dates

August 11 2014.   223 iu/ml
August 28 2014.    220 iu/ml
August 9.   2015.    147 iu/ml
I have an increased hbsag on peg n tdf from 6500 to 10500 after 12weeks. Biopsy a2f2 means immuno active yet it increased.
Im thinking to wait one more year and retest maybe it goes further down on its own and then it would be good indication if im clearing
Mike,

Are you not taking any medicine now and it's decreasing itself?
Correct no medication and im still waiting for studyforhope to comment if the decrease is significant or just normal fluctuation maybe
Thanks Mike.
No problem 4 Ram also i was never been on any treatment all my life
Your hbsag decrease could be an indication of slow spontaneous clearance or just reflect slight differences in the equilibrium between viral spread and immune mediated suppression. It is impossible to say which. You are a good candidate for ifn induced clearance, but the sides could be substantial.
Mike, I would go for interferon to try to eradicate your virus as your level is so low you would have a very good chance of doing it so.
Ya im followed by professor Lok which im meeting early october to show her the result. She is against any treatment but hope she change her mind. Will let you know if i ever start on peg