Hepatitis B Community
HEPATITIS PROFILE ANALYSIS(Please help)

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

HEPATITIS PROFILE ANALYSIS(Please help)

Please help me out interpret my friend's HEPATITIS PROFILE as follows:

I.  HBsAg   REACTIVE

II. Anti-HBs   NEGATIVE

III.Anti-HBc   REACTIVE

IV.  Ant-HAV-Igm  NEGATIVE

V.   HBeAg     NEGATIVE

VI.  Anti- HBe REACTIVE

Does RECATIVE mean the same as POSTIVE as what I know?  What are the implications of this? What are the possihle treatments to make it INACTIVE?  If he is postive for HEPA B result, can he still work as a professional helath care practitioner?  Is he an ACUTE/CHRONIC carrier? THANK YOU...

Reactive does mean positive.

He/she would need a DNA viral load test to make sure they are not precore mutant.

Currently I would say they would be classified as Chronic inactive carrier solely based on the info you provided.
hi .  
       There are no restrictions for working with Hep A, B, C,.     Many healthcare workers get exposed to  hcv, hiv, tb ,etc.  in the line of work. not give it.  A or B  can be vacccinated for ,TB can be found . But not our favorite C we just got to treat it .  I  just started the a/b vaccination series and had to laugh at myself since I have C.         take care,
               (C.N.A.)  R.
Thank you for the input jboyhk ans livindabest=)  I guess I have to be more honest..I was actually referring to myself(not my friend)..;.waaaaaaaaah :( (And mayeb it was pretty obvious as well:D)I'm sorry...I'm pretty much getting freaking crazy here in my home country,the Philippines(SE ASIA..more prone to HEPA A and B...) due to worrisome nights and days....You see, as a foreign nurse wanting to work in the US, I had to undergo several foreign exams(like the CGFNS and IELTS...which I passed..thank GOD:)), and NCLEX-RN for which I am slated to take anytime this year.  I have thought of this HEPA B and was thinking that because of this,I might not be able to work as  a health care practitioner.Within the week,I would have to schedule myself for what you have suggested, DNA VIRAL LOAD TEST and of course see a gastroenterologist.  I just hope things will be good for me...I haven't even told my closest friends though I know they would understand but it feels like a  stigma.. I have never practiced IV sharing of needles(and have never been an addict or a drug user of any kind)and never had blood transfusion eithier.  My mother,we found out,  is also REACTIVE to HBsAg so I migth have gotten that from her.  When I was pregnant with my kid 14 years back, my kid received anti Hepa B shots right after he was delivered from me. I have only learned that I am positive for Hepa B during the last phase of my pregnancy. I'm glad my son is safe with the advent of screening exams for HEPA B not too long from now .  I have also asked the father of my son to suhbmit himself for  HEPA  tests and  he is NEGATIVE for any HEPATITIS.

The results you saw that I have posted are just very recent.  I have known that I was positive(but not sure if REACTIVE also means POSITIVE that time) 14 years back..This knowledge caused me a lot of worries in many aspects with that of job clearance requirements when I get there to US...oI was given ESSENTIALE(some sort of Vitamin E) before and was asked to come back and see my gastro but I was forever fearful about this HEPA B in me....The thought that I am a nurse shakes me for many reasons....but now, I realy need to see my gastro and once and for all know how best I can manage this.......I am pretty much healthy.. rarely gets sick and eat  the right kinds of food and exercise is an almost daily regimen  for me..but still...I JUST GOT TO MANAGE THIS..I was in DENIAL for 14 years and has enevr come back to see my gastro......So thank you very much for your inputs=)

I hope I can still ask you /update you guys about my case after seeing my gastro and after my DNA VIRAL LOAD TEST..thanks a lot....

I'm so sorry for the long comment.

Again,many thanks!

Thank you for yoru words of encouragement. =)  As it is,I woudl still ahve to really know what myr esults for VIRAL LAOD ETST will be when I submit myself for that test....I hope I  an still get inputs form other ppl around as well regrading job clearance....Thank you again =)
There is already a shortage of nurses and it is just going to get much worse in the future. Your skills will be greatly needed. You just have to keep jumping through those hoops. You will get there.
im a nursing student and im due for my vaccination and my past records show that im allergic to some vaccines, medicines and foods. is the ajnti hepa vaccine dangerous for me? pls answer me at niko_andromeda***@**** thank you very much
Hi, i had the same result that you posted last year. I just found out just this year when i'm about to apply work to US, Any news from your DNA Viral Load Test, do you still pursue working abroad eventhough you have HBV? Hope to hear from you soon..