HVPG Test Help
Stef, Studyforhope & members

Dr ask me to do Hepatic Venous Pressure Gradient (HVPG). As my Nov 2013 UGI Endoscopy test results shows "GRADE 1 ESOPHAGEAL VARICES". any members when through this test, may share your experience.

Is this safe etc plz share you opinion!

Regards
JR
Take the test. The procedure is not dangerous and will give you very valuable information regarding the degree of your portal hypertension and the risk for bleeding.
Thanks Study for hope for your valuable opinion and advised. I read in one your old post that portal greater then 12cm or mm are at risks of bleeding, so my question is do we have treatment on this or it can only be control?

Thanks for you time
Studyforhope
Portal hypertension is caused by cirrhosis. It's treatment is therefore the same as cirrhosis, which upon potent antiviral therapy regresses in up to 80%.
In patients with a very high PVPG and risk of bleeding a procedure called portocaval shunt can be performed, where blood bypasses the liver directly into the vena cava.
It seems that you are under advanced medical care in your hospital.
Thanks you so much studyforhope for your valuable input, highly appreciated for your time. Yes my Dr is a researchers in the hospital. Befor him I want to Four Dr including the one who did endoscopy, but they seem to be ok with "GRADE 1 ESOPHAGEAL VARICES" they did not even mind the report, but my present Dr when i showed him the endoscopy report he said to go for Biopsy  to find out. He said my biopsy shows ok but my Nov 2013 endoscopy says something else, so he want me to do Endoscopy again and (HVPG). I did biopsy 10 days ago and it so hard to lay down on one side for so long and again HVPG, SO I WAS WONDERING IF I AM GOING RIGHT?

I hear the HepTech are only selling the old products " do you know any other brand that can work like heptech & advancedlife. As I need to regress as my biopsy shows Fibrosis.

JR

they sent me a new stock with an updated formula of heptoboost I and heptoboost II which is now a single product with added Schizandra extract but i can t report on this new formula since i am not using it now because preparing for the use of peginterferon add-on
Wow that's really nice " Stef do they send you for Free" But they are not responding to email! May be i'ii mail them again.

We will be praying for you from now on till you complete the peginterferon addon. All the best and update us!
This doctor cares for you and is willing to investigate your situation to the max possible. You could also have a Fibroscan, but the pressure measurement is the gold standard, costly to do and is rarely used on regular cirrhosis patients. The biopsy can be erroneously negative for cirrhosis. Ask him for spleen size and thrombocyte count, that will round up the diagnostic picture.If he wants to repeat the endodcopy, go for it.

I also hear that heptech has a new batch now. You can obtain all the ingredients from other sources also, might be a bit cumbersome.
no not for free i ordered it end of summer 2013
Thanks for comments and advised, I had two Fibroscan one in Nov 2013 and April 2014.

Hbv Diagnosed on Nov 2013 with Spleen with 12.6 cm (Ultrasonography) reading.

CT scan on may 2014 shows Spleen 12.6cm

USG Guided liver biopsy shows (FIBROSIS 2-3)

What is the different between Normal Biopsy and HPE-LIVER BIOPSY + SPECIAL (PATH)?

Thanks I will go for Endoscopy again and Hvpg

Stef How do you order heptech product? As I have submitted their contact form but they are not responding. Also what is the cost?

which of their product will help more to regress the fibrosis?

JR
Got HVPG done reports as followed:

HVPG= 5mmHg

HR (bpm) ------------ 62.            BP (mm Hg)------------88
FHVP (mm Hg)------- 3.              WHVP (mm Hg)------- 8
HVPG (mm hg)------- 5.              IVC (mm Hg)---------- 2
IVC-RC gradient ----- 8.              RA (mm Hg) -----------10
(mm Hg)
PA pressure
(mm Hg) --------------10.            PCWP (mm Hg) --------7

Procedure. Note : easy cannulation done

Complication :  Nil

Thanks for your time!
Kind Regards
Jr