Hepatitis B Community
Harmful Brain Effects of Interferons

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Harmful Brain Effects of Interferons

came across this site:
http://www.interferon.ws/Interferon_Harmful_to_The_Brain.htm

what do you think?
many friends of mine used intf and family members too, all had sides and they were like a heavy flu, the young ones only at first and then no sides.this was plain intf and not the peg available now

i used imiquimod that makes your body produce the intf, it had sides like a flu i took paracetamol and with that all sides were gone.i had no response probably because my hbsag was still too high, i started using it with hbsag at 7300iu/ml and when i stopped it was 3600iu/ml but this difference is not reliable because i always have flactuations between 4500-7400iu/ml so the real decrease was from 4500 to 3600...maybe i ll try again when hbsag gets lower like 1500-2000iu/ml with daily suppository imiquimod dose or maybe i ll use pegintf, for now i ll rest for at least  months on immune modulatory drugs and just keep the antivirals
the sides were totally tollerable only with paracetamol and it makes sense to use intf if there is hbsag decrease by 24weeks otherwise it is useless

1. "until hbsag is undetectable and hbsab detectable ."
this result means that a person has cures the HBV?!

yes of course, this is the only goal and the only thing that reflects hbv cure

2. it takes 5-6 years to hbsag quantity reache about 1500iu/ml and than how long (estimate) after starting the peginterferon (in combination) untill full cure?

yes but for now we know of 50% getting cured, 40% get very low hbsag levels and 10% dont respond.trials on this are still ongoing and not finished

3. 50% success in this method?

yes about 50% or higher

4. I would like to read researches regarding this.
can you help me whth that?

no, you need a very expert liver specialist for this
it has sides effects on some due to immune activation and no sides on others, most can tollerate the sides quite well
if i may ask- do you take these medications?
you have no idea how much you are doing for the people in this forum!!!

3. 50% success in this method?

can you help me whth that?

.
1. Only very few get to seroconvert to hbsab
2/3. About 5% respond with seroconvertion with Interferons during treatment.  Different studys show different results but overall the number is low.

4. Not many studies showing HBsAg kinetics in 6 year perspective. Good trials are being run now. Current studies have long follow up periods so there should be new results within 2 years.

3. 50% success in this method?

yes about 50% or higher

can you help me whth that?

thank you stef and calebz!

50% looks amazing!
Calebz mentioned 5%- did he mean the regular treatment (hope so)?

Unfortunatly, I will not go again to any specialist without reading as much as i can myself. 11 years of doing nothing(on specialists advise) is enough!

I started reading from the forum as you suggested and found some more sites.
I will start uploading to the forum also.

Did any of your friends/family seroconversed?
50% looks amazing!

no 5% is pegintf mono with high hbsag

family not by intf, at that time hbsag quant was not available but since they have hbsag 20.000iu/ml today it was very high at that time too, they got hbvdna und and normal alt for few years after intf but no hbsag clearance

2 friends got hbsag clearance today by repeated rounds of intf while on continous antivirals, i think they had 2 or 3 rounds of intf in about 10years