Hepatitis B Community
Hbv transmission

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hbv transmission

Let's say someone clears hbv naturally or through treatment; i.e. they develop immunising Anti-Hbs. The way I understand it; even though the virus is cleared to undetectable level in blood tests, there is always an integrated part of the virus in the form of cccDNA inside the nuclei of some liver cells. Does this mean such individuals are still capable of transmitting the virus to others? Also are these individuals still prone to HCC because they have cccDNA?
I've read virus not transmittable to others  , but still not a good candidate for organ and blood donor, i could be wrong.