Hepatitis B Community
Hep B result please advice

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hep B result please advice

Hi Everyone,

I am currently positive with chronic Hepa B with HBV DNA of 100IU/ML, I understand that this is just few as my doctors told me. I was examined by my first doctor and advice me that I am not qualified for medication but my employment requires to pass this Hepa B case so I look for another doctor that could give me something for medication.. The doctor and give me Lamivudine(Zeffix)..

My question is; Is there someone in this forum that had experience with this level of UI/ml that been cured and how long?.. My employeer is waiting for my respond but I cant give them exact or approximate date when will cured..

Regards,
Tags: hepa B
Lamivudine will not cure you or clear HBV.  It also has poor resistance profile.  You need to consult an expert.  Not just any doctor.

Your low DNA should not prevent you from working, unless your employer is limited or biased on HBV.

Best.
Hi Sir Cajim,

Thank you for your comment,.. My Doctor are all gastroenterologist, both of them.. but only the second one give me a prescription, because I told him I badly need a medication because KSA will reject my employment. Further he say that I may not respond to this treament..

Please advice me some more powerfull medicine for this one if this lamivudine not enough so I can consult again my doctor .. I realy have to pass the medical examination..

Thank you and More Power,

Regards,
We have similar problem. Mine is 142IU/ml.  My doctor's suggestion is similar to that of your gastroenterologist.
Based on the  advice of some knowledgable people here on this forum and some research on my own clearly, eleminates lamivudine as a starter.
I read something about interferon alfa2b which seems to be a choice i am going to discuss with my doctor, taking into consideration my low VL and high ALT.
As much as you need this job you must be careful on the choice of drug you make. Lamivudine is not a cure  for HBV.
Untill such  cure is found supression of VL is the altimate goal.
Good luck and take care.

Even on any treatment you will remain surface antigen positive.  

Lamivudine is no longer considered a suitable first line treatment.  Your DNA isn't high enough yet to warrant treatment on the basis of that alone.
Wow, my brother is Hepa B positive. His doctor said, even if it very low in your blood. you need to take some medecine, to prevent the virus cells from multiplying in your body. My brother is taking a medecine call '' Baraclude '',  You definatly need a prescription for it, after reading your post I went to yahoo search, to find the definition of these two medecine. I see Lamivudine could be more for HIV, but I can not give you any advise because I am not a doctor. I think you should another doctor.
Thanks Sarah, i have appointment with the doc next month and i'm going to raise a lot of issues including your suggestion.
I will definately not include lamivudine in my options .
I hope a common ground will be found on the choice of treatment to persue.
Thanks once again.
cheers!