Hepatitis B Community
How dangerous is Hep. B?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How dangerous is Hep. B?

Hello, how dangerous the Hep. B? and how it affects our liver and our immune system???
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
Hepatitis B virus is transmitted by exposure to infectious blood or body fluids like semen and vaginal fluids .A positive hepbsag means that a person is infected with hepatitis B virus. This can be an acute or chronic infection. Individuals who remain HBsAg positive for at least six months are considered to be hepatitis B carriers .Carriers of the virus are further tested for HBV DNA, serum alanine aminotransferase to see if the person has chances of developing chronic liver failure. The long term complications are cirrhosis, liver failure, hepatocellular cancer etc. Do keep me posted.
Best wishes and regards!    
Good Day,

Greetings of Peace!!

thank you so much for the information, as i remember i was tested as HbSAg reactive in 2007, and now im anxious since ive read that it can cause liver problems in long term as a poor citizen what would be the best thing i would do? i am 28 years old now is there any posible that it would be negative??please advise me.. and Godbless to all and especially to my countrymen who suffered from a thyphoon here in Philippines....

Thank you...