Hepatitis B Community
How to protect my partner for Hep B.

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

How to protect my partner for Hep B.

Hi friends,

I am suffuring from chronic hep B. I recently got married 3 weeks ago. My wife is not given Hep B vaccince so far. She took her first dose of Engerix b vaccine today. But we had a protected sex using condom couple of times a week before. What is the risk of she getting the hep B virus from me, Can protected sex spreads the virus to my wife?Is it safe to have protected sex while she completes her 3 doses of vaccine? Do you think she should take Hep B immunoglobin?

Thanks in advance for your help!
Can someone please help me answer this question?
Hi stef,

Can you please help me with the question i posted?
Guys,

Can someone please help me on this?

if you have protected sex the clue is in the title,PROTECTED
since she has started her vaccine series she will be protected in the future and even if you did pass her on hep b she would have a 95% chance to clear anyway as most adults do.
and if you are really that worried you can accelerate the vaccine course.
Thanks flame boy for your help. I am not sure what you mean by "accelerate the vaccine course".It usually take six months to complete the vaccine right?
dont worry even im in the same confusion, my husband is a chronic hep b patient. its good you had protected sex. let her complete all the three doses. few docs say it is safe after getting vaccinated. check for her immunity against hep b. if she has got immunity against it then she is more safe. talk to your doctor take medication properly. patients of your age will get well soon. Dont be panic take care.