Hepatitis B Community
I'm so anxious, my older brother is a Hepatitis B positive person....

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

I'm so anxious, my older brother is a Hepatitis B positive person.

First of all, I want to say that I am living in another country, far away from my brother and my parents. I go home twice a year and live together with my them, 1 month each stay.
Two year ago, I was diagnostic with obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD). That time, it almost have killed me, I can't go out, can't talk to anyone, can't cook,...And till now, I still suffer from OCD, but better than the begining, and all of my family members know that I have OCD.
Last year, my brother knew that he was Hepatitis B positive from a blood test, he didn't worry at all, didn't get any treatment either, and still smoke and drink everyday ( My brother have 6 girlfriends, two big tatoos, smoke and drink heavily). He told me and my parents that Hepatitis B can't easily transmit and have my parents tell me that I don't have to worry at all when living with him. But I know that Hep B is very contagious, and my parents still think that he's telling the truth.
From that day till now, I was scared everytime I have to get back home, eventhough I miss my parents so much. Back home, because our house is so small, I have to live together with him, sharing bathroom, washing machine...and the most thing I worry to dead was to sharing car, and motobike (we only got one each, and I have to  use them everyday).
My question is: will Heptatis B transmit through car's steering wheel and motorbike accelerator (throttle tube)? (He and I have to drive the same car and motobike everyday). And will Hep B transmit through daily activities?
Please help me out! Thank you so much!
Tags: Hepatitis B, anxious, daily activities
It can transmit if you accidentally sit on the same nail with your brother. You should get yourself vaccinated and all family members too, then you will not be worried.
Rome70, thank you so much!
But what do you mean by "sit on the same nail"?
I was vaccinated last year, but I didn't have time to check whether it worked or not.
better go and test yourself for  antibody to  hbsag, thats all, no need to worry then.