Hepatitis B Community
Increased serum Phosphorus
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Increased serum Phosphorus

I'm a CHB, on  etv and tdf combo since for 18 months , this is the first time to have an increase in serum phosphurs about 7.7 mg/dl (Normal 2.3 to 4.7) as well decreased eGFR about 70 ..

I am 27 years old ..

your suggestions ?
10 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
start use of fibroguard

check that vitd is above 50ng/ml if not start supplementation of d3 and k2

as to egfr tests use creatinine clearance by 24hrs urine collection, the other tests that use formulas are not so reliable.also albumine/microalbumine ratio can be a useful test
Blank
recheck after 4 weeks all these tests if improved

my experience is my creatinine went from 1.2 to 0.7-0.8, creatinine clearance from about 108 to about 120
Blank
thx stef , but what do you think about this increase ? why this inctreased in only one month ? as well in one month egfr decreased fro 120 to 70 ??
Blank
sorry i have no idea but i do know that only creatinine clearance by 24hrs urine collection is realiable, formulas from blood creatinine values are useless because you can have kidneys damage and normal creatinine

i monitor my kidneys by:
creatinine clearance by 24hrs urine collection once a year
blood creratinine every 3 months
blood  Phosphorus every 3 months
blood calcium every 3 months

checked creatinine/microalbumine ratio once in 3 years

i prevent damage by fibroguard and keeping urine ph around 7 and when lowers to 6 or 6.5 i increase by baking soda
Blank
thx stef , ok with my above results do I have kidney damage ? can this be regressed ?
Blank

very difficult to say if you have kidneys damage, there are no test with sensibility high enough.study for hope posted some tests not easy to find commercially with good sensibility but don t remember all of them.

creat clearance by 24hrs urine collection as a minimum to know if you have a decline in function

also what is your blood creatinine before starting nucs and kinects under nucs

did you test creatinine microalbumine ratio?this is the test studyforhope suggested to predict damage, it gets abnormal before damage is done
Blank
thx stef , actually I didn't test creatinine before , always I tested eGFR and serum phosphors , I'll try to test as you mentioned ..

Thx again
Blank
http://apasl.meetingxpert.net/APASL_796/poster_64119/program.aspx

tdf+telbivudine combo can be interesting too in case of kidneys problems
Blank
tdf can actually cause low phosphorus levels - hypophosphatemia
Blank
the interesting is that adding telbivudine even adefovir or truvada which are very toxic for kidneys recover kidneys function and drugs become non toxic

if you dont recover by fibroguard and baking soda you may consider changing entecavir with telbivudine, the potency of this combo is higher than entecavir and barrier to resistance as good as with entecavir
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...