Hepatitis B Community
Infected

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Infected

I am so sad and crying coz my girl friend is infected with HBV.I love her so much.
What should we face with that case?
What  does things require for us?
Can she born the child?
We are nearly losing our paradise..
Some body!!!
Help us
Kmzc hello, i was born with HBV, and i, m 36 years of age, which i contracted from my mum, and she is still alive, and her own has disapeared, i have 4 chidren with no HBV, and besides, i have a husband who has no HBV. i think if u had ur VACin earlier, then u don, t need to bother, and u can consult ur doctor for advice to see the precaution u can get for ur children, if u want to get children with her.
What should we face with that case?
The best way to start fighting something is to learn about it first. http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153  will help you get started

What  does things require for us?
Get yourself vaccinated, and tested for HBsAb. If you test positive, you are safe for life.
Get a complete profile done for her HepB state. You can find a list of tests to do in the link above. But... get in touch with a good gastroenterologist or hepatologist first and do all these under his/her supervision. With the tests results, you'll get to know what is the best course of action for her.
Thanks for your answers.Although my g/f have HBV, i dnt have for means time.
I want to know is there window period for HBV testing?
I have taken HBV vaccine for 4times.
But i dont know the procedure of taking HBV vaccine.
Please show me the way.
Can i get HBV from my girl friend by having sex or somethings else?
My friends told me that there is another infection of Hepatitis type E.
Is it true?
Can it be cured?
how can the virus transmit?
they told me that can transmit by saliva.
I am afraid coz i had smoked same ciga with infected person for 3 inhale times.
its good to hear that you love your girlfriend very much inspite of her having HBV. Too sad for me because i am afraid to expose the real me with HBV once i fell in love with someone. :(
To best understand your situation, you need to get tested. If you have the vaccination, you more likely be ok. You have a lot of question. To understand more of HBV, please read online resources or consult your doctor for more information.  You can try our forum info page. Ask your gf for more information of her case. Like babyshake1 said, it could be ok.  HBV do not have a cure now but it can be controlled. To protect yourself, get vaccinated. Many people with HBV live a happy long life. It's not as crazy as you first heard. But it's up to you to decide if you love her enough. Everything involve risk, high or low. My suggestion is to not over react. Open your heart and learn.
What do you mean, princess5107? You mean you keep your health condition secrets? I hope you are using protection sis :)
Noticed you have lot of questions and are nervous.

First as Sharp7 indicated - get yourself familiar with the following page :

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Hepatitis/HepB-Introduction--Welcome-Page/show/34?cid=153

Then goto Health pages (you can find at the top right side of this page) and see answers for window-period etc...

If you have HBV infection, get it treated. This is a minor part of your life.

Have a goal and start putting your mind on something - which leads to finding people, things that you love. Confining yourself and looking for sympathy won't help you!!

Now that is the philosopher in me saying :)

hi, how old are you? i too is a victim of HBV and keeps it secrets to my friends except my family and bf and closest relatives.and i have a bf now, and cant imagine now what my future would be.id love to have a child someday, but i wouldnt also want to have onother human being suffer what im suffering right now. in my country, few will really understand and treat you normal if they will know that you are HBV carrier.. just get healthy while your waiting for ur prince to come, few will understand our situation, mostly will get scared once they bump into one of the HBV carrier, and we cant blame them, just take extra care of your self and have a very good hygiene so you couldnt infect others.

bless you.

Going back to your question:- My friends told me that there is another infection of Hepatitis type E.
Is it true?

KMZC there are 7 different types of Hep diseases. A-G. However, most of them only cause mild effects and do not tend to be as serious as B&C.

If you have HBV then you can contract Hep E as well. However, I do believe (please guys quote me on this if i'm wrong) Hep E cannot be chronic and has similar traits to Hep A.
Your not alone like you I'm also hepatitis b carrier. Nakakalungkot lang marami na tayong Pilipinong infected ng Hepatitis B. Dito ba naman sa Pilipinas iba ang trato sa atin at discriminated tayong masyado. Ako as much as possible gusto kong maging honest sa lahat kaya yung iba kung friends sinabihan ko at pinag-iingat ko sila.