Hepatitis B Community
Is ARC 520 also designed for inactive carriers ?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hi , let me first point out that this is only a theoretical question , is ARC 520 also designed for inactive carriers ? I know probably in the clinical trail they will only be looking for active carriers . I emailed hepatitis b foundation and they havent replyd back , so im hoping to get a answer here .
hepatitis foundation is nearly useless. they exists because hepatitis exists.
ARC 520 will be useful for all of us but it depandes on success of the ARC 520 how much effectively he is possible to know down the HBSAG this is possible to predict after the Phase II clinical trials which is beginning at hon-kong  at 2014
Hepatitis B Foundation is a great organisation. Not only do they provide timely and useful medical information to people affected by Hepatitis B, they are also great advocate for their rights to be treated non-discriminately and to be provided with effective treatment programmes. It is still the only organisation devoted solely to Hepatitis B. Finally, they also do first class research in finding a cure.

We owe them a great deal of gratitude.
Indeed , i have nothing against hepatitis b  foundation , but i do believe the one who ignored my email didnt have chronic hbv . That doenst mean i have anything against the organisation they do a great job advocating a cause . Maybe they should hire hbv sufferers so i would not be ignored
Did it ever occur to you that people at the Hepatitis B Foundation may not know the answer? Most of the people who work at the Foundation are volunteers, and the Foundation funds itself through donations. They contribute more to the cause of Hepatitis B patients than some of those with the illness. ARC520 belongs to a for-profit listed company, you should ask your question to them directly. Joan Block, one of the founders of the Foundation, appeared at a press conference ran by Arrow Head to add her voice to the need for new Hepatitis B drugs. She did her bit, what did you do?
she did her bit, we are doing our bit well too..suffering.
I specifically said that i have nothing against the hepatitis b foundation , anyone who will fight for the cause of a cure against hepatitis b or any disease will always be thought highly of by me. If you read my post Stephen you will see that i said twice that i have nothing against the hepatitis b foundation , so i do not understand why you only point out my dissapointment about the not replying part , i am always dissapointed if someone doesnt reply to me , if its a job application , a girls profile or a  hepb foundation .
Here's a for profit organisation that DOES reply to me :)

Thank you for your interest in ARC-520.  We are still early in the clinical trial process and have a lot of questions that need to be answered.  We believe that ARC-520 may provide a treatment option for many patient populations at various stages of disease progression.  As data from our phase 1, 2a, and 2b become available, we will be formulating our strategy for expanded testing to see exactly where ARC-520 may be effective.  Feel free to check back with us as the program progresses for the most up to date information.  Thanks again.

Kind regards,

Vincent Anzalone, CFA
And to you newtr , try to be more positive , hepb is fighting for us . I hate negative post , Having a positive attittude works miracles

I am only dissapointed for the not replying part  . To me its the same as someone who ignores you when you ask where to get somewhere outside , its like the digital version of it ,

I strongly believe it is polite to reply if someone emails you about something , ESPECIALLY if that is someone suffering from a disease , so even though i greatly admire hepatitis b foundation , that doesnt mean i should accept being not replyd back .

I still support hepb foundation and will likely make a donation to them to benefit them and everybody including myself who are suffering from hbv .
"Maybe they should hire hbv sufferers so i would not be ignored " - this is what I object to - they are ignoring you because they are not hbv sufferers and so they don't care.
It was wrong for me to say it . I take it back , you are right to object .  
I dont know why i didnt get a email back , so i cannot speculate , thats why i take back what i said earlier .  But i still believe they should have replyd .

I hope this is resolved now so we can talk about ARC 520 .
My hopes are high for ARC-520. A positive mindset
Me2 , i cant wait till early 2014 where they already will have a proof of concept hope the 4 to 5 months passes very fast  .
inactive carriers dont need to wait for new drugs, pegintf has more than 30% hbsag clearance on hbvdna und carriers and even higher if hbsag is low

the stupid point is many specialists, especially in Us and Uk, dont allow pegintf if hbvdna is und......
if it works on cccdna without direct immune help..then whats the point.. surely it will be useful for all class of hep b people..because cccdna is common in all hep b people.
may be we will have gilead's gs-9620 before arc 520 in market..so we should disscuss..what drug we are going to choose in future..arc 520 or gs9620?
in this disscussion we could compare the two's method of working, cost, side effect and possible cure rate.
But the current treatment for inactive carriers is a wait and see approach , are you saying that inactive carriers can be treated with peg ? And arc 520 aims for a functional cure , does gs9620 offer anything close ?
gs9620 i heard it woulb be out in 2016 in the arc 520 webcast dont know if thats accurate
any update from myercludex-B trials?
I agree with StephenCastle that HepB foundation may not know the answer, but at least they should respond with supporting manner.

According to Dirk Haussecker's twitter, the result of Phase I will be announced in the upcoming meeting next month in Italy.

"Highly suspenseful month coming up for RNAi Rx...Phase I results for  ALN-TTRsc and ARC520. +Oct OTS meeting in Naples, Italy,"
What can we conclude from the phase 1 results , it was only to show fda that its safe for humans ? or are they testing more things
Hi Stef for inactive carrier with low HBSag quant and Und HBV  by taking this decision of having Pegint for 24 weeks, is there any risk of having HBV load again and flaring it, and therefore ending with muatant virus. This was the excuse the doctor had given us me friend and I for not agreeing to put us on Pegint even with 300 copies = 60Ui/ml  HBV DNA and 154 UI/ml HBSag Quant.
Hep B Foundation doing a great job?
Over 40 years and still no cure... Thats a sad & funny joke to me in 1 token

Joan Block Hepatitis champion?  A question I have not had an answer to yet is does Joan Block get any salary?

Think if there was a cure what would she be a champion of?

Every question I have ever posted on their face book page has been deleted funny that if your not kissing *** you need to be ignored simple.

I believe if your not suffering from CHBV how can you claim they know more? How do you know they care? Simple they probably don't.
Can't really blame them they  its not their fault hbv is in the world surely not?

Professor Ulrike Protzer in Germany has eradicated this virus when I contacted her about it the medical journal got took it down. She refused to share any helpful information with me.

ARC520 a long way from seeing the light of day.

Simple if a total eradication of this virus was bought out you wouldn't need any of the above. Please this is just a reality check
Hep B Foundation doing a great job?

Take your self pity and rant elsewhere. The world does not owe you a cure for HBV. Professor Stephen Hawking spent all his time immobilized and facing death at the slightest misshape, yet he never feels pity for himself. He said compared to the child that died of leukemia in a hospital bed next to his, he feels lucky.
HBF is a non-profit organization, they raised all their money through donations from people who believe in what they are doing. Since you contribute nothing, you have no right to complain.
What planet are you living on? I noticed the way you label my views as a rant instead of being able to answer any of my questions.

The world doesn't owe me or the other 400million a cure... Mmmm sounds like good business... Your in a very profitable business with that attitude Stephen.

Do you honestly  believe these organizations are looking out for the patients best interests or big pharmas?

I notice you don't even comment on Proffessor Ulrike Protzer because they can cure Hep B but chose not to. Instead many people are kept in jobs and anyone who mentions a cure they are  not being  fare to these people who benefit from it.

Take Dr Barry Marshall for example if he would have played by the rules then stomach cancer rates would be through the roof thank God he did things very different and discovered a cure for most ulcers. But then again he had everyone ridicule him at the the start and tell him to go away. Sound like anyone you know StephenCastlecrag?

It is my opinion  Dr Barry Marshall  made a difference Hep Foundation has done nothing in ways of a cure for Chronic Hep B. I'm not saying they owe me anything  however I can't read that they doing a great job when from circumstances they are not.

StephenCastlecrag are either very Naive if you don't see hep b is a business to these people.  

No self pity here just a reality check to know whats what. Like you say they don't owe anyone a cure your words not mine.
Joker!!!
By the way here's a link to him

http://discovermagazine.com/2010/mar/07-dr-drank-broth-gave-ulcer-solved-medical-mystery#.Ur6d9_tNzHs

hbv is already a dead disease:

next generation is immunized so hbv is finished

cure....nucs+peg will slowly clear in 90% of patients in a decade of treatment exactly how sequential treatment trials are showing

these drugs will be out of patent soon so prices to cure hbv will be affordable by most
I am not surprised Professor Protzer did not answer your email. Academics will never claim they have a cure without proper clinical trials and approval by the relevant authorities such as FDA. The cure is your own interpretation.

Dr Marshall is an Australian and won the Nobel Prize, rightly so, for his discovery. Extrapolating from one example is pretty pathetic. Science is based on hard work, not hard wish or luck.

HBF is a first class organization. Professor Block is investigating several compounds with a view to cure. With the urging of HBF, the US Department of Justice recently wrote to all universities warning them not to discriminate against medical and dental students. What have you done?
How about HBV Advocate? Is it related to HBF?

It seems to be doing a decent job updating on hbv related news. Not sure if it does more than just a news source.
Lets put it this way in my life I have done my fare share to help people & humanity in many ways and I can say its far more than just being a sheeple. I'll put it that way as I'm not one blowing my own trumpet.

Stephen you defend Pharma's and this school of thought to the hill implying they are squeaky clean. Is that your stance?

Stephen what do you do thats so helpful? Other than criticize people who suffer from this and say its just not good enough which is a fare statement . Considering its been how many and no functional cure.

May I ask are you suffering from HBV?

Second. How many people backed Dr Marshall ideas at first?
Here's a question given those circumstances would you have Stephen?

Also in terms of world owing someone a cure. I think of it this way they owe humanity a cure not owing the big Pharma pushing interferon anti virals bla bla  

But according to Stpehen its not God given right from the sounds of things.

Gods watching if your born with an inquiring mind why blindly trust an organization who's existence  solely relies on the existence of this virus that may I add 400 million people are suffering from!

HK_1966

I see them dd alot of news sourcing. I actually seen one lady from Africa who is CHBV asking if HBF would help with some type help with funding for her treatment.  They just no something to do with they are there just to give information something along them lines.

So whats the point in donating if the people they are claiming to help are receiving no direct help ? But they are interested in pushing the vacine out there though

Hi Guys,
Let’s channel all this energy towards providing helpful information to the sufferers and rather direct our attacks to the disease Hepatitis B rather than individuals.
Off course I echo makeadifferencenow views in some respect although I do disagree with the approach.
I personally believe that the organization should do more and evolve to keep up with the current pace of development in this day and age.
They need to provide financially support to researchers no matter how small (academic institutions) and lobby for government support for a separate state funded research centre for Hepatitis B to say the least.
Recently I was privileged to meet Dr Dominique Limet the CEO ViiV healthcare and I asked him what was his organization doing to find a cure that people desperately need rather than their current strategy which is centred on disease management . I know people has asked him similar questions time and time and sooner or later, the reality is that you can control internet and other media and supress vital information for so long but someday you will lose control.  I guess my question took him unaware although it was claimed that he is one of the eloquent speaker of modern time, he was taken aback.
The fact is that people have started to ask questions and its right that they get answers when possible. Big Pharmaceuticals off-course are not charity organizations therefore they need to bring returns to the chair holders but they can be ruthless and exploitative.  

Stephen take note: The universal declaration of human rights article 19 clearly states that everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.

I have not done anything, so I don't complain.
As for big pharma, I complain when they charge too much for their drugs, and I don't feel sorry when their investigative drugs fail and they lose a lot of money. They are not a charity, they are a business. But I am grateful that there are drugs for many of my medical conditions, of course, I am also grateful to the medical system in my country that I can afford these drugs.
There are many people who claim they have cure for cancer, HepB, pills that make you slim, etc. Most of us don't believe them, so what?
HBF exists because of HBV, doctors exist because there are sick people, courts exist because there are criminals etc. So what is your point?

And finally, gods and churches exist because we are afraid of dying and we all want to live forever in heaven. May I add, there are over 7 billions of us. You put your trust in your god and religion, don't you? Or you think the big Pharma should invent a pill that makes you live forever?
I don't get it. Are you trying  to deny me from speaking out but not makeadifferencenow?
Nope my dear.
I am sorry if you felt that my message was unfair to you or one sided, apology.
Keep well.
Mrt79 I agree with the majority of what you just said.
I believe it is a simple matter of time and pressure before they have to take some reasonable action I don't take anti virals because I know they have better and don't want to give it.

On  a human level how can someone have a formula to eradicate the virus and not want to share it with there fellow man?

StephenCastlecrag thats not what I attempting silence you but when you start being rude towards me don't expect me to be sunshine and roses in return.I'm only stating my perspective.

I'll give you an example I seen an old  guy just a  couple of hours ago in the street  with blood all over him he had a walking stick and struggling to walk. It was quite clear he had been attacked
From what your saying I should have just said to  him

"The world don't not owe you an ambulance"

How ridiculous would I sound if I said that?

He never asked to be attacked of course I called the cops and ambulance but hey I guess from what saying is screw this guy because he has a certain medical requirement

I don't expect a majic pill annd live forever but the time people are on the planet is it unreasonable to ask for a good quality of health and life. Without your health you have nothing!

What expect from Big Pharma's and HBF? Nothing is the quite honest answer especially in light of my most recent  investigations.

Yes big Pharma is not a charity and they have to make money. Makes me question if our governments did care they would develop it themself with progress at the heart of it not profits.

If Hep B was cured there would be no need for HBF.  I can see how you are trying to twist things.
You compare it to the legal system
Even if the crime rate is low we still need courts for variety of matter not only criminal ie civil business etc

Yes I believe there is a higher power watching over all of us doesn't mean I'm a religious fanatic like your implying Stephen
Hi Steff2011 sorry I was not ignoring you as I've just noticed this post.

I really hope it is the death of hbv.

Whats the side effects of that combination of drugs though?
none to light sides:
pegintf has less sides when taken when immune system is rescued by long term nucs

when vit d levels are good

totally different than peg monotherapy used when hbv freely replicates in the liver

i can tell you because i have seen personaly many people on both treatments.too bad those few with bad sides didn t believe in checking vit d levels
this reflects also the sides reported in sequential treatment, nothing to do with  peg mono or peg+nucs directly
What is the function nucs exactly?
All you are suggesting MADN is conspiracy theory.

I had that theory in mind but thinking about it can somewhat cause insanity. I wished that is the case (a cure is already out there for Hep B and they are not releasing it) as I think humanity will win out in the end. I think with the TDF and IFN sequential as Stef mentioned, that will eventually give Hep B a good strike rate.

Hep C has a very good strike rate of 80% on current combo/triple medicine and they have roughtly 150 mil sufferer. Shouldn't the drug company not release the medicine for Hep C as they will make more money from maintenance than a good strike rate? Even Steven Tyler got cured from Hep C.
mustthinkpositive Is it a coincidence that there has been a pretty large petition for a cure for hep c  please see link.

http://www.change.org/petitions/gilead-sciences-stop-withholding-this-cure-for-hepatitis-c

I am happy for the peeps with hep b have REAL hope.

Did it take 10years or more to be approved? I doubt that

Would it have anything to do with there was so much public pressure they had to do something?

Have you seen any petitions like this for Hep B?  I haven't

mustthinkpositive
Please tell me what specific part I have said is conspiracy? Ulrike Protzer has shown it can be eradicated couldn't it be petitioned for this to come into circulation earlier. I think a petition of this type would assist us.

Must think positive would sign a petition of this nature ? If it could free you from Hep B

I don't want to just band theories around & make people feel negative but if we want different results we have to take different actions & learn from  groups of other sufferers who took actions and were successful.                   The rules have not really served Hep B sufferers all that well from my view.

spelling error

I wrote

"I am happy for the peeps with hep b have REAL hope."

Was meant to write

"I am happy for the peeps with hep C have REAL hope."
Start a petition and post the link here i will be the first to sign it.
You can request for a trial on REP 9AC and immune  modulator.
it must be rep9ac plus tdf or etv and peginterferon otherwise it doesn t work.

rep9ac alone doesn t work, patients relapse and the same might happen with rep9ac+peg
Hi Steff2011 is rep9ac the same as nucs you reffered to before???
Hi Stef

Just wondering why you feel that only replicor may work in conjuction with tdf/retv
Hi Stef

Just wondering why you feel that only replicor may work in vonjection with tdf/etv plus interferon and not ARC or others?

Is it becos to date, only replicor test results have shown the potential efficacy of the rep9ac while other drugs have not (yet)?

Thanks.
yes of course because there are several trials with patients and follow up of years.the follow up is extremely important rep9ac mono failed as follow up but worked with combos
Trial are continuing with bigger dose (till the middle of 2014), also small group with HDV are being formed. Later there will be group for pegintf plus myrcludex trial.
My previous message is info for myrcludex.
Good news, thanks.
Guys I will start the petition. Hopefully 1st of Jan to have them  ready there is a few of them I will try and put in place.

StephenCastlecrag my intention is not to come on here and be deliberately malicious or horrible to you. We may differ in opinion but surely we share a similar goal improving our health and maybe helping others along the way if we can?

I just want to get well and regain optimum health like any of us would. I feel if all us sufferers unite and don't accept things at face value and create some pressure we can get what we all crave so desperately alot quicker. A LIFE WITHOUT CHVB. Similar to what the Hep C crowd have been doing.
Just trying to put a petition together anyone got any useful info I can add?

Or have experience of organizing petitions?
Is there any positive outcome from Mycrludex  b trial pls share
is any budy is seroconverted for Hbsag pls update
how much is this drug?
Ask HBF and suprsie suprise no reply
Not on the market yet  if it ever gets out on to the market.  I hope for everyone's  sake that it does :)