Hepatitis B Community
Is liver transplant the best option?

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Is liver transplant the best option?

I was diagnosed with HCC due hepB about 2 years ago. Drs. Did a chemoembolization and put me on the liver transplant wait list. For almost 2 years, I changed my diet completely to alkalized foods and exercised regularly. I have been in remission and no evidence of cancer recurrence or metastasis. I should be coming for a liver transplant any time soon. As this transplant is looming, my anxiety is building up. I feel great and healthy, lab results and imaging studies are both normal.   Should I go for the transplant. My Dr. Think I should or else... I am 61 and feel I could live healthily for many years without going through the liver transplant.
rex,

my name is Howard. I had cancer of the liver in1991 and  2005 and had a transplant  the last time.
I am now trying to get rid of the HCV now.
If possible, do the TX for HCV first and don't try any shortcuts with your life.
mine came back because I had a resection of a tumor the 1st time. That only bought time. the 2nd time it was inoperable.
God Bless you man

don' t listen to idiots who will try to discourage you from getting cured.

Howard
Thanks for your advice. I don't have HCV and only HBV. Dr. Can't find any cancer on my liver any more. But they said it may come back any time, and when it do come back, it probably worst than the first time.  I don't know who is right or who to listen to.  MaybI ask how you feel about the transplant?

Rex
as i answer already, i dont know why my post is not here:
https://gcmaf.eu/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/ClinicResultsAmLimmun_ajisp.2014.23.32.pdf

Metastatic colon cancer  2weeks of treatment  49% tumore reduction
Multiple myeloma 4weeks of treatment           29.6% tumor reduction
Metastatic breast cancer 1week of treatment  27.7% tumor reduction
Metastatic thyroid cancer 4weeks of treatment13.9% tumor reduction
Metastatic renal carcinoma 2weeks 11.6%reduction
Metastatic melanoma 1week  6.8%reduction
Metastatic adenocarcinoma of colon 3weeks 8.7reduction

these are of course uncurable end terminal cases, follow up publication of cured patients should be published at the end of this year, but there are many other trials and about 200 researchers studying on this and many other trials.so making a liver transplant without a cancer is just crazy especially if treatments like this are available in european clinics in germany and switzerland and that TACE treatment and resection of tumor work as well

forgot to mention the mortality rate at the transplant and you wont live very long with a transplant, median 10 years

it is best you see another doctor
for got to menthion this treatment is available on the market in europe, israel and japan, i guess other countries too and i had it myself from 2011 to all 2012 to normalize my nagalase
3rd gcmaf world conference is on the 21st November 2014, at the Hilton Hotel Frankfurt Airport North in Germany

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUgNdsVisdo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jDK5JSLucM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z11wowzp-gU