Hepatitis B Community
LIV 52 HB

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

LIV 52 HB

Hi I am a 23 year old Indian who was diagnosed (accidentally)  with HBV in mid 2008. I am new to this vibrant community and all the info here really helped me. My recent reports are as follows:

Hbsag: positive

Hbeag: negative

Anti-Hbeag: positive

HBV DNA: 99 IU/ml ( 1 unit = 5.82 copies)

ALT, AST , etc always have been consistently normal

I have never been on medication but still want to clear this damn Hbsag. Peg Interferon is too costly so i m thinking may be after its patent expires. However after learning abt Liv 52 HB from here i went to their site. they have put six research papers there with Hbsag clearance going upto 49% in the patients. in Hbeag positive patients Hbsag clearance was at 11.8%. plz go through these papers (stef especially) and comment. i m planning to try these drugs (its worth a shot) by first getting my Hbsag quantification and then observing whether there is any fall in Hbsag levels. Here is the link

http://www.himalayahealthcare.com/researchpaper/liv52-hb.htm

there are other members trying liv52 too, your result may help all community, i do suggest to get vit d at levels 60-80ng/ml first then try alinia and liv52  together to see if there is any effect on hbsag, you may also add tenofovir which is relatively cheap in india and interferon not peg which is already generic
there is not so much difference between peg and normal interferon, with some genotypes the results of some studies are even worst on peg.

i dont think single drugs/herbs can do much while a combo is more effective

as to the study it is just a single case even done with elisa which is not suitable for hbsag quantification, the study is so poor that any of us can get better tests, anyway we will see if any result will come

please if possible check the price of generic interferon (not peg) in india, this may be of interest for those who have no free healthcare/insrance
thanx for replying. i m going to start soon with Liv 52 HB and will get back to you with my results. also u do know that i was talking about Liv 52 HB launched in Jul 2011 and not the old Liv 52 (both have different ingredients). Also there are six different studies and they claim that their research on this new drug dates back to 14 years.

even the trials on liv52 hb are made very bad because only hbsag quantitative or hbsag/hbsab immune complexes or cccdna measurment can be reliable to prove it was liv52 to make the work.
but anyway both you and the other member should have low hbsag baseline and almost undetactable hbvdna so we can see clearly if it is the drug to lower hbsag but please make hbsag quantitative in iu/ml, all other methods are not reliable because there is no homogeneous scale
Before starting Liv52 Hb, please take HbsAg Quantitative   You can take HbsAg Quantitative in Lalpath Labs or Hitech labs, Chennai. Problem with Liv 52 Hb trails are not made with HbsAg Quant. So that we can come to an idea if you take this test before start taking of Liv 52HB. Thanks
LIV52 HB is very effective and medical science have taken a while in research while Himaliya Healthcare have done  an miracale in finding the cure for Hepatitis infection. I recommend such herbal remedies and it has no side effects when compared with allopathic medicines.

Well done Himaliya!!!!!!!!!!!
Please post the results treated with LIV 52 HB
Is there a cure for hepatitis B?