Hepatitis B Community
Men taking entecavir vs. reproduction

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Men taking entecavir vs. reproduction

I am taking baraclude for 3 years. My wife and I are thinking to have a baby. One doctor says it's not safe to do this while still on medication. Another one states the oposite. I looked for studies but all I could find was refferring to situations in which women are undrer treatment. Nothing on men under treatment. So I am quite confuse now. Is it or is it not a problem to have a baby while the man is under treatment?
Hi Diogene,

I have been on entecavir 0.5mg for more than 6 years and during the treatment I and my wife have a baby boy and baby girl and they are now 4 and 2 years old and are perfectly healthy.  This is just my personal experience and hope this helps.  I remember that I did ask my doctor about having children and he said it is ok for male taking entecavir.

Regards,

Cyrus
just check  HBsAB titres of your wife if more than 10miu then you can plan for a family for sure and if below that go for vaccination first and then you can proceed
Thank you very much for your replies. It is a big step forward for me.
My doctor still claims it is not safe but she does not seem to be so sure of it, if confrunted. I start to believe she is not well informed on the matter.

she better change job, she can t be a doctor and be so ignorant on basic/elementary things, she s a danger for patients.avoid that doctor like plague