Hepatitis B Community
My Hepatitis Lab Result

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

My Hepatitis Lab Result

Dears.

I've found that I am infected in 12-2009 , and after several months , I've done a PCR test to know the quantity .
When the results came it was 5250 , and on 08-2010 a doctor suggested me to do some tests , and the results are :

AntiGen HBS ( Hepatitis B )

Positive
Result                                                              electro chimiluminescence immuno-assay

AntiGen HBE ( Hepatitis B )

Negative
Result                                                              enzyme linked fluorescent assay

AntiBody Anti-HBE (Hepatitis B )

Positive
                                                                        enzyme linked fluorescent assay

T.G.O ( ASAT ) 37C                                           24U/I
T.G.P (ALAT)  37C                                             31U/I

GAMMA-Glutamyl                                             14UI/I

Hemoglobin                                                       16.60 g%

Plaquettes                                                         181 000 / mm.3

Leukocytes                                                        4 450 /mm.3

P.S : Those tests are in French , Is there a chance that I could be cure 100% from this infection ?
If yes , what medicine should I talk about when I visit a doctor here next time :)
and how often should I do a PCR test to know the quantity of the virus ?
and should I count on the quantity of the virus in PCR tests to see how is the progress of the recovery phase going ?

Thanks Alot For Your Help
It's Really Appreciated

you look inactive carrier if i was you i'd check hbsag quantity by abbott architet to know if the level is low, below 1500-2000iu/ml, i'd also check liver damage by fibroscan and after i'd try off label nitazoxanide for 1-2years monotherapy or 4 weeks of ntz monotherapy and then ntz+interferon for 1-2 years according to interferon protocol

ntz has no sides but doctors will not be able to help you or give you info because off label for hbv, on trial only for hcv now
how often should I do a PCR test to know the quantity of the virus ?
hbvdna pcr doesn t tell you the uantity of the virus but replication of it, hbsag quantity in iu/ml will tell you the number of infected cells.
On hbv number of virions is useless since virus is made from an template inside cells called cccdna, so having no virus is useless if you are full of cccdna.

So the parameter which is most close to number of infected cells and virus quantity is cccdna which produces hbsag, so a low hbsag is a low number of nfected cells and higher chances of getting rid of virus

the most useful tests are hbsag quantity abbott architet in iu/ml and hbvdna pcr

you are in inactive phase or inactive carrier (hbsag quantity<500iu7ml and hbvdna<2000iu/ml can confirm inactive carrier).

there are no drugs actie on cccdna or hbsag except interferon and nitazoxanide but interferon can make hbsag negative only if hbsag is lower than 1500iu/ml with a high percentage, nitazoxanide is still off label and we only know it works very fast on hbe negative and hbsag 5000iu/ml or lower

antivirals like entecavir and tenofovir are very active on hbvdna but almost no activity on hbsag, only a very small minority 7-19% has lowering hbsag.these drugs can probably lower it on more patients by 10-15 years

monitoring without therapy
every 3 months alt/ast
every 6 months ultrasound for cancer prevention
every 6 motnhs/year firboscan for liver damage (if baseline f0-f1 once a year)
every 6 months hbvdna
every year hbsag quantity in iu/ml (units cov,s/n,s/co are not quantity)

guidelines to start therapy:
hbvdna>2000iu/ml, alt>30 men >19women, liver damage >f2 or fibroscan>7kpa
Dear ,

Thanks for replying my post very fast , and I appreciate your help
but if you could please tell me what you mean by writing this

guidelines to start therapy:

Thanks Again
european guidelines, the only ones to be updated yearly according to new discoveries, they say to start therapy if:
hbvdna>2000iu/ml, which is virus replication
alt>30 men >19women, new alt values since 2008 because from research alt>30 have liver damage in more than 20% cases and liver related mortality is something about 3%
liver damage >f2 (f2 is mild fibrosis on biopsy), on fibroscan mild is until 7kpa higher is condifered severe, over 10kpa there is an increase in liver cancer percentage on hbe negative, over 11kpa there is a high probability of cirrhosis
Thanks Bro

You Really Helped Me
But I want to know what should I do now to be cured 100% ?

Help Appreciated