Hepatitis B Community
Proteins and Hep-B

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Proteins and Hep-B

Hello All,
Are proteins kind of dangerous or not good for people with Hep-B? I am asking this question as my doc asked me not to drink any proteins shakes, avoid egg, avoid milk (take half-half)..... Not sure if I have to do all this? I want to build muscles and I am vegetarian and my protein source is milk, egg and if at some proteins like Whey Protein. Can someone plz let me knw if my doc was wrong? I want to pursue bodybuilding, plz help.

they are when from fat and red meat, eating few white meat or proteins from vegetables is much healthier both for hep b carriers and not

you should check your liver damage, if no damage you can do anything.of course biospy or fibroscan are the only ways to know

diary products are not good too, i like them very much but i had to cut even breakfast milk to very little and only some parmesan...but i am regressing cirrhosis so it is really different from a healthy liver
Thank you Steffan,
I had a liver biopsy which showed (F2) and the Fibroscan showed 6KPA (If I remember it correctly I did it almost 1 year back). My Last ALT (23) & AST(19) levels were normal in my last 3 blood tests. Also my Hepatitis DNA is 82K (<29 IU/ml) and Hepatitis DNA is 479K (<169IU/ml).

Do you think I can continue taking Milk (Fat Free) and eggs? I dont eat any Non-vegetarian food like chicken, meat, fish, etc..

your liver damage is mild but you need to keep f2 fibrosis, check my diet in the post "ftty liver" and copy from there.if you increase proteins for body building this might damage your liver more...bodybuilders have damaged liver and kidneys very often due to proteins

be also aware that most bodybuilders get this data just from blood test and they are very poor sensibility to show the damage so they are probaby even worst damage than supposed

Thanks again Stef, you are awesome!!! and helpful too.

The normal intake of Proteins is about 1gm per 2.2 pounds of human weight, I am 150 pounds so taking approx. 70gms of proteins thru food, milk, egg does it sound right? I mean do u think this intake is high? I m not going to overdo anything on the diet side like the bodybuilder do. I want to stay natural and would prefer to eat regulat food than taking any supplements. So my question would be eating 2 eggs and 500 ml of Fat free milk a day, apart from normal vegetarian diet will that be ok for my liver or do u think this can cause issues too?

the problem of proteins is mainly for animal/diary proteins, i ve never heard of problems from vegetables proteins although they are very poor type to be used to build muscles, maybe soia which should have proteins similar to meat

there is correlation between ossidative stress, liver damage, cholesterol and meat/fat diets, also suguars are like poison for the liver

also consider that meat and milk are trash in some countries unless you have a source of yours.they checked milk and meat in europe with very high sensibility tools and found drugs of any kind.....vegetables are relatively free of all this