Hepatitis B Community
Question about Vired - Please Help

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Question about Vired - Please Help

Hi Everybody,

I took Viread for about a year and a half before I stopped for honestly no reason at all.  It has been about two months since I have stopped taking Viread.  I moved across the country 8 months ago and haven't seen a new doctor or have got any test results since then.  I have called many heptalogists in the last couple days trying to get an appointment, but have not been able to schedule any.  My question is, should I continue to take Viread right now?  I have about 60 days worth of pills.  Or should I wait until I can finally go see a heptalogist so the doctor can conduct tests and wait for their opinion.  Any help is appreciated.  Thank you.

the worst thing for you is being in US, the worst country in the world with nazi imposed or banned tests....

anyway there are studies and trials on stopping tenofovir and adefovir and clearing hbv, this has been done on patients on the drugs for 5-6 years but since you did this already what the heck check if you are one of those clearing....

problems is to know if you are clearing you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml and even if this test is commercially available since a decade and countries like ghana or whatver have it (europe, asia of course have this simple and cheap test available since long time), you cant have it in US

what to do.....browse old posts we contacted  an indian labs network which  accepts hbsag quant sent by fedex (we chose indian because cheaper but if you find labs in europe, china or asia it is the same)

the other thing to check is ast/alt, they must be abnormal and the higher the better.

dont check hbvdna, this is totally useless to know if you are clearing, und or very high this means nothing to hbv clearance

these are the charts of those clearing and not clearing after stopping antiviral.A not clearing hbsag and B clearing hbsag, abnsormal alt is what clears hbsag

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8E77QizhkLQV1JsSFd5OUgzeUE/edit

if you choose to check if you are clearing pls let us know about hbsg and alt values

by the way you should also monitor your liver damage by fibroscan but the nazi US country doesnt allow this too contrary to the rest of the world US wants to stay a decade back just to allow drug makers to sell antivirals to all because not possible to monitor those who dont need them or have no liver damage or are clearing without them...
Hi Steff

Firstly, Can you give me the full title of the article for the graph.  I would like to buy the full article.  

Secondly, can you recommend a place in italy or anywhere in the world to check purity of alinia from progressiveRx.  

They turned it here into  sales, an industry. Cure for HepB is really not a cure, but product development to make money.

Look what they are doing with clinical trials of GS9620. They say they want to help, tell you, you will be in the study six months before. Then boom when the time comes you are told you have to be on Tenofovir and nothing else. And it is not the doctor doing the trials decides how it will be but the corporation sponsoring the tests.

And you are wondering why we have no cures for HepB?

They will roll it out in 2017-2018 :)

I really hope Myrcludex phase 1 goes well in Moscow. Then they will massively administer the medication all over Eastern Europe. And since some of you live in EU traveling to Latvia or Estonia for treatment won't be an issue.
http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Hepatitis-B/hbsag-clearance-after-stopping-adv-with-charts/show/1784568

this is the old post with many links to the studies, check both adefovir and tenofovir studies, adefovir is the same as tenofovir the difference between the two drugs is just a side chain atom or similar in tenofovir that reduces toxicity

in the end tenofovir is just adefovir less toxic so that it can be used at higher dose (adv 10mg vs tdf 300mg)

pls post data if you buy the article
I would definitely post the charts.  HBV DNA is not enough.  We must monitor HBsAG as well like you said.

Can you also assist me with my second question.  Can you recommend a place in italy or anywhere in the world to check purity of alinia from progressiveRx.