Hepatitis B Community
Risk from Oral Sex

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Risk from Oral Sex

Could someone tell me what the risk is from giving ora sex to a guy of unknown status. The exposure was unprotected for 10 seconds with some precum before i came to my senses and stoped. I hope it wasnt to late. It has been 6 months since the exposure. I have recently had my once every 3 months blood work done to check on my sugar and colesteral. Would the doctor have seen anything in the blood work that would sugest hepatitis or something wrong with the liver from the blood work? I have tested =iv for hiv up to 5 1/2 months but i am having symptoms of low appatit and i have lost 12 lbs since beginning of the year. Please advise. Thaanks
can someone please reply. thanks

hbv is not dangerous as an adult and 98% clear it so it really is not important especially after 6 months

the test for hbv is hbsag and you or the doctor have been so ignorant not to make vaccine after exposure now just wait another month and retest hbsag and hbsab, if both negative make vaccine
what do you mean its not dangerous in adults? I had a blood test don last week and awaiting the results from a hepatitis a b c panal.  I seen 3 doctors since january and not a one of them even said get a hepatits test. It wasnt till last week when i told the dr i wanted the test that he did it. I am freaked out while waiting. any sopport you can give is appriciated. Thanks
what do you mean its not dangerous in adults?

as i said it clears in 98% of adults, the remaining 3% are immune depressed and this acute hbv makes no liver damage.only 1% gets fulminant hepatitis which is the most dangerous the rest have a benigne infection

most of us in this forum got hbv at birth which has 95% cronicity and even in this case it takes all life to make real serious damage

so if you are not immune suppressed or got aids hbv is the last worry
Thanks for the response. How long does it take to clear? I have been having symptoms of no appatie and upset stomach for at least 5 months now. Would that be typical of infection? After it clears can you still pass it along to someone else? I am hopeing for a negative result on my a b c tests this week. What would have been the chances of getting infected by giveing a guy oral sex with precum that lasted all but 5-10 seconds? I think i might of had a inside cheek bite in my mouth at the time. That was back in middle od December 2010. Thanks again. I am so worried. I tested -iv hor hiv 8 times up to 5 months but dam Dr said need to retest at 6 months to be safe. I know Medhelp says 3 months is conclusive and oral sex is no risk. Thanks
one more question if i may. When i get the results from my tests what should it say if its -iv?
hbsag reactive or if it is not an old assay a number with unit in iu/ml
what is the risk from giving oral to guy for 10 seconds unprotected with precum.

hcv risk, none
hiv risk, i dont know
hbv risk, if he is infected by hbv but hbvdna is low or und the risk is very low/none.if hbvdna is high the risk is high

but as already said hbv is nothing compared to hiv, i d worry only for hiv
Thanks. are symptoms consistent with haveing contracted it? Would the symptoms be still going on just 2 weeks short of 6 months? I never feel like eating and i feel bloated all the time. No pain in the stomach but just discomfort in upper stomach. I have lost 12+ lbs since beginning of the year. thanks for the support. So far i think i am seeing all the wronge dr's. I just have to wait and see the results when they come in. The waiting is killing me.
got the results today from hv a b c all neg. thanks everyone.