Hepatitis B Community
Symptoms 2 weeks after exposure - blood negative

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Hello all.
I find the insight shared on this site to be both informative and valuable - so, thanks in advance.

I had mild symptoms 1 1/2 to 2 weeks after possible exposure -- went to doctor at 2 1/2 weeks after possible exposure. (this was 6 weeks ago)
Found a trace of bilirubin in my urine - took blood.  Blood came back negative for Hep A,B,C and "normal" liver and kidney function. He mentioned staying away from tylenol for a while.  My symptoms have not gotten worse - they come and go.

Two quick questions: given the bilirubin (which is causing most of my anxiety), if there were symptoms -- would my body have produced the antibodies associated with Hep B/C in that time?  I realize 2 1/2 weeks is relatively early for conclusive blood tests - is 2 1/2 weeks too early for symptoms as well?

Thanks very much!
I think you should direct your question to the STD board because most of the people here are dealing with chronic infections of unknown origin.  We were always symptomatic.  I don't know of any acute patients here.  If they're here, they're very quiet.  

The STD community is very knowledgeable about testing parameters...even if yours wasn't an sexual exposure.

Best.
Sorry, we were always Asymptomatic.
If you suspect you may have been exposed to HBV.  For the first 3 months or so watch for symptoms like:

Loss of appetite
Nausea and vomiting
Weakness and fatigue
Abdominal pain, especially around your liver
Dark urine
Yellowing of your skin and the whites of your eyes (jaundice)
Joint pain

If you do have some of the symptoms, you should have your doctor follow you so that your immune system has the best chance of clearing the virus and you become immune.

Best.
Avatar n tn
Thanks guys.

Can you please describe the kind of abdominal / liver pain associated with hepatitis?
Different people may feel differently: dull, swelling, heavy, not really sure how to describe.

Best.