Timing of infection after exposure
How long after exposure to hep b will that person be contagious. For example, if somebody has an exposure on a Saturday night, will they be able to pass that on on the Sunday?

Thanks.

Unfortunately once infected with Hep B , you will carry the virus for life, even if there was a cure,, the antibodies are contagious for life. Welcome
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/ChooseB.htm
Sorry I worded that kind of bad. I think what I mean is from time of exposure, how long does it take to become active in the body, therefore being able to transmit to somebody else.
Nit if it's an acute infection. Acute HBV clears with thr right antibodies in your system. So acute HBVers onve they clear the virus are no longer contagious. Its only chronics that are.
My understanding is that virus needs to be in body and have multiplied quite a bit for the virus to be passed on. So although I am not a doctor, the next day may not be such a risk as it can take up to a month or so to really multiply and show symptoms. Are you concerned with this for a reason?
Not all hbvers can transmit the virus to others immediately if exposue happenned,, if you want an assurance just do lab test..,
try to observed also the symptoms..
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I ask as I feel I may have been recently exposed but not known I may have been exposed until about 36 hours after the event. After about 24 hours I was in a position where, if infected, I may have put somebody else at risk. That make sense?
Any more thoughts? I know the easy answer is to get a test but in the meantime....
3 year ago i tested for hbsag at that time my hbasg range was .5 now after 3 year i tested again now my hbsag range is >600. Is this indication that virus is multiplying in my body and my infection is turning toward chronic phase?plz help me in this regard  i also reported for hbv dna by pcr method what will be he expected result of dna test ?