Hepatitis B Community
Timing of infection after exposure
About This Community:

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Timing of infection after exposure

How long after exposure to hep b will that person be contagious. For example, if somebody has an exposure on a Saturday night, will they be able to pass that on on the Sunday?

Thanks.
9 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
273022_tn?1290823923

Unfortunately once infected with Hep B , you will carry the virus for life, even if there was a cure,, the antibodies are contagious for life. Welcome
Blank
273022_tn?1290823923
http://www.cdc.gov/hepatitis/ChooseB.htm
Blank
Sorry I worded that kind of bad. I think what I mean is from time of exposure, how long does it take to become active in the body, therefore being able to transmit to somebody else.
Blank
Nit if it's an acute infection. Acute HBV clears with thr right antibodies in your system. So acute HBVers onve they clear the virus are no longer contagious. Its only chronics that are.
Blank
My understanding is that virus needs to be in body and have multiplied quite a bit for the virus to be passed on. So although I am not a doctor, the next day may not be such a risk as it can take up to a month or so to really multiply and show symptoms. Are you concerned with this for a reason?
Blank
Not all hbvers can transmit the virus to others immediately if exposue happenned,, if you want an assurance just do lab test..,
try to observed also the symptoms..
Blank
Thanks for responding. Yeah, I ask as I feel I may have been recently exposed but not known I may have been exposed until about 36 hours after the event. After about 24 hours I was in a position where, if infected, I may have put somebody else at risk. That make sense?
Blank
Any more thoughts? I know the easy answer is to get a test but in the meantime....
Blank
3 year ago i tested for hbsag at that time my hbasg range was .5 now after 3 year i tested again now my hbsag range is >600. Is this indication that virus is multiplying in my body and my infection is turning toward chronic phase?plz help me in this regard  i also reported for hbv dna by pcr method what will be he expected result of dna test ?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Hepatitis B Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...