Viread and Hep B viral load

I have been taking Viread since 2009 after discussing with my doctor about the level of Hep B viral load in my blood.  However, my latest blood test indicated that my Viral load is going up eventhough I am consistantly taking Viread every day.

1) Should I change doctor to get second opinion or continue with my gastroenterologist about my current blood test result?  Since I am worried that the Viread is no longer effected on my Hep B virus due to possible mutant strains, but my doctor said " I think if I have time, I will ask my Hepatologist and see why the number is going up?" .He does not know what happening either?
2) He did not tell me that I have to take this drug for the rest of my life
3) What is the plan rightnow for my situation? In general, would you give your patient another anti-Hep viral drug to counteract with the condition where I am now?
4) According to my ultrasound last 8months, the liver is in within normal limit condition.
The following is the result of each period of my blood test:

1.10/19/09 Hep B Viral DNA  144000IU/mL
1. 10/19/09 Hep B Viral DNA 387000 copies/mL

2. 5/20/10 Hep B Viral DNA 8870IU/mL
2. 5/20/10 Hep B Viral DNA 51600 Copies/mL

3.  9/23/10 Hep B Viral DNA  1380 IU/mL
3.  9/23/10 Hep B Viral DNA QT 8030 copies/mL

4. 3/02/11  1920IU/mL
4. 3/02/11  11200 copies/mL

change doctor because if viread doesn t work by 6-12 months making hbvdna undetactable you have to add another antiviral to avoid resistance even if tenofovir resistance is theorical because it never happened on hbv

i'd change doctor, make a resistance test to see if you developped any resistance and make entecavir 1mg+tenofovir 300mg (baraclude+viread) combo, consider adding alinia (nizonide500) off label therapy or combo with interferon too to see if you lower hbsag or make it negative because as you know NUCs like entecavir and tenofovir have no effect on virus clearance they just make hbvdna und

US doesn t detect liver damage, you might have cirrhosis and that is not visible on US.only fibroscan can monitor liver damage by 3-6 months readings, it is also very good because if it fails it can only fail giving a worse reading than actually liver damage is

find an expert doctor, hbv cannot be managed by normal doctors and it is full of unexpert liver specialists, if you have full insurance coverage i'd try
tenofovir+entecavir+interferon+alinia

this is a combo unknown to normal liver specialists so yu have to find a researcher or a very very expert liver specialist that is very updated, this combo has the highest probability of a cure, you have also to look for a lab to make hbsag quantification so that you know if this therapy is eradicating hbv because if hbsag doesnt lower by 6 months interferon is useless
alinia might be good in any case to prevent resistance since its activity is not on virus and it has no sides

follow the forum on gcmaf, alinia, interferon combos, replicor.among these alinia,gcmaf, interferon combos are available on market while replicor is still on human trials