Hepatitis B Community
arthritis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

arthritis

can chronic hep B cause arthritis?
Before I was diagnosed with Chronic hep b, the only symptoms I felt were aching joints and body. I felt really sore in the mornings and couldn't lift both arms in the mornings. It didn't know I had hep b until the doctor gave me a blood test.
no
well i have read just it can cause either viral arthritis or rheumatoid arthritis and its actually very common, so you were wrong.
Arthritis and arthralgias are well recognized and relatively common accompaniment to viral infections. The most common viruses causing arthritis/arthralgias are parvovirus, hepatitis B, hepatitis C, rubella, and the alphaviruses [1]. Joint complaints are also observed less commonly in association with a wide variety of other viral infections (eg, mumps, enteroviruses, herpesviruses)

acutes sometimes have this as a symptom. not chronics.
In the article it says it is very common in chronic, more so than in Acute.
correct me if I'm wrong, but are you trying to diagnose Hep B from symptoms?
No, I was just interested in this article is all. I hear many people complaining about arthritis in chronic Hep...