Hepatitis B Community
cirrhosis

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

cirrhosis

for how long can u live with hepatitis b before cirrhosis or liver cancer sets in..

it depends on liver damage, you need a fibroscan to know what level of cirrhosis damage you have an possible complications, biopsy is useless on this level of damage and makes damage itself.ultrasounds are useless too, they can only see cancer and nodules

you can get to 100years old and more with cirrhosis, the important is that it is compensated (your liver functions blood tests are within normal range)

if your fibroscan gets more than 7-8kpa better start antivirals, entecavir is the best to regress liver damage but you also must check that you dont have virus mutations that might make entecavir useless in a short time

to regress liver damage hepatitistechnologies products are the best with trials to check what they can do, i suggest to start these products as soon as possible whatever liver damage is

low bmi, low cholesterol, normal weight, bmi between 20-23 are a must, as healthy life style, healthy food (no fats, meats, fry or roasted food)
thank u very much...i think i have already lost the battle cos the pain and discomfort neva reduces...they can stop for a week and get back for the next months..the discomfort is pepperish and more intensed when sitting..it is less or no more when am asleep.as i dont have money to buy the drugs cos they are very expensive and hard to get in ghana what wud u suggest to me that i do until i pass away....all my hopes are lost with this pain and i dont know if it is from ma liver but earlier scan suggested that small hypogenic nodes were developing in the hepatic and portal veins.and his conclusion was he highly suspects hepatoma, that was around last year august, 2nd scan after 2 months found nufin just that the liver was reflecting sounds...3rd scan found the same reflection of sounds and suggested a hepatitis b screening to rule out cirrhosis of the liver..since then i have not been able to afford it...but give me all the advice i need please...

contact the links a sent in private messages, entecavir brand or generic is the drug to reverse your damage, it is indded advanced cirrhosis since there are nodules and entecavir can stop it or regress it
i would check the price and see what i can do.. but let me ask what is the dosage??? and can i just buy and take without visiting the hospital???? and i guess it wud stop the pain too?? u said it can halt the fibrosis and the cirrhosis? thank u
Acquah,
Whe were you diagnosed?
in 2009