Hepatitis B Community
hbeag

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbeag

If the hbeag is positive, does it mean that the patient's hepatitis status is really bad?
Not really. Chronic Hepatitis B goes through several phases in its natural history. The E-antigen status helps doctors to determine at what phase of the disease you are likely to be in. It helps to determine whether you may need treatment or can wait, or whether you should continue treatment or may stop treatment.  It is just one of many indicators.

Just my opinion.
Thank you. My hbeag is at 700 (normal is 0.0 to 1.0.. Am so worried.
The 700 number is meaningless because your HBeAg is a qualitative test (positive/negative) and not quantitative (a number with a standard unit).