Hepatitis B Community
hbv test and high alt n ast

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hbv test and high alt n ast

Hi I did a stupid thing in my life. I had sex with a woman of unknown status. Since that incident my health is not great. I got tested for all stds including hcv, hbv and hiv at around 8 weeks, all negative. 

I got tested for hiv till 6 month with 10+ test including combo, rna and 3rd gen, all negative. Which is really assuring on my hiv status 

But my worry Is about hcv and hbv 

1) 8 weeks hcv & hbv test ab - negative. 
2) 10 weeks rna for hcv - negative. 
3) 8, 10 & 12 weeks cbc test (alt and ast) was normal. 
4) 17 week cbc test alt and ast were a little higher than before but still in normal range. 
5) 26 week cbc alt=100+ ast=80+, bili total = (hi), BUN low. 

Now I am  really about the new cbc results. Can someone be kind enough to answer these questions 

1) Can these high alt and ast be related to hcv or hbv? 
2) How conclusive are my hcv and hbv results so far? 
3) I want to get more testing done for hcv and hbv but I am super scared, what should I do. 
4) probability of acquiring hbv or hcv from one unprotected vag episode? I know for hiv it is 1 in 2000 

I don't drink alcohol or cigarette.

Someone please respond, I  am desperate
Can someone please answer these questions?

My last hbv tests were hbsag, hbsab, hb core total antibody at 10 weeks since that incident were negative. Around 6 months my alt and ast are high.

Can someone please answer above questions
4) probabilty of catching hcv and especially hbv is quite high if she was infected, but 95% of adults won't develope it to chronic.
hcv is not transmitted by sex, very very low chances if there were no blood exchange
How good were my results for hbv? Really worried to get tested again
incubation period for hbv is 1 to 6 months theoretically, so hard to say now but 8 weeks looks very promising that you are ok
but since you are adult you have very small chance that it will stay chronic even if you catched it, just give your liver good rest, no alco etc ...
I gave up drinking alcohol 7 months ago.

My tests hbsag, hbsab, and hb total core ab are from 10+ weeks.

1) I know you said the incubation period can be 6 months for antibodies i.e, hbsab right?

2) What about identification window for the s antigen of hbv i.e., hbsag?

3) Any idea on hb total core antibody window period?

4) What are the conditions or factors because of which the 5% develop chronic infection instead of clearing at acute phase?

I could not find much info on windows period other than the one for antibodies. No info on the criteria where the 5% won't be able to clear the infection.

My alt and ast levels are high, that is freaking me out
hbv has also no symptoms, you wont feel anything, very few have symptoms which are your immune system killing infected cells not the virus itself which makes no damage directly to us

so just live healthy and eat healthy it is there that you get diseases and death, not an hbv infection as adult and not an hbv infection in general because hbv can be blocked by antivirals
there are no reliable studies on the number of adult chronic because there are not enough cases to make a study.

the biggest study done recently found 2.8%, damaged immune system is the reason some studies indicated
Thanks a lot for your response stef2011 and sorte
I gave blood for my hbv test. Don't know how reliable were my 10+ weeks negative for hbv.
It's been over 6 months since that unfortunate incident. Really freaking out to my results
Any suggestions anyone?
Still waiting for results. freaking out and worried a lot. Any suggestions?
Apparently my results are ready but they are reluctant to give it over the phone. Really really freaking out
it's normal procedure, you'll never get results over the phone
All labs in my country deliver online or by email.....can t they just email it, we are in 2015 not medioevo
if it is a long list sure they dont but is you ask them for example the viral load they domy lab always give me some results  on phone but not all.just ask them to email it
Hi I am new here. I did not follow your post about the cure for hbv. I am
humbly request if  you could post again. Thank you and God Bless.