Hepatitis B Community
hep b treatment should I srart

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

hep b treatment should I srart

it has been more than two years since i was diagnosed, my ALT was a little elevated constantly between 40-63. my viral load always less than 2000. after my doctor visit today i was advised to start medication BARACLUDE 0.5mg once a day. dose any one had this therapy ? any thing i should know about? Is that advicable to start taking medication? I had liver biopsy with moderate or stage one fibrosis.

first of all your liver has no damage or very mild........most of healthy population has fibrosis 1 or 2 due to the food quality, processed food are toxic for the liver  promoting fatty liver, metabolic diases, diabetes and so on, this happens in countries like Us,uk were food quality is extremely low and you can see this from all overwight people.some researchers compared the starvation effect of some african countries to US, both no food or bad quality food kills.....

all this is to say to keep your liver healthy you just need to avoid processed food, eat fresh food only with no chemicals in it, many vegetables and fruit, lots of fish, very little meat and fat food like milk/cheese

so lets get back to baraclude, that is NOT an hbv cure and it is ineffective on hbv virus
what it can do is lower the virus replication so that the virus cannot damage  the liver, but if you have no damage to the liver no need for it

drugs that can cure hbv are interferon, it acts on immune system and 11 to 30% patients clear hbv after the therapy in the following off therapy 5-10years

a way to increase this percentage of response is to use the most potent antiviral on hbv first, which is not baraclude, it is viread, then add on interferon after a few years being on viread.viread is able to rescue detritic cells funtion so intf works

so this is the schedule:
viread monotherapy for 1 to 3 years
viread+interferon for 1-2years, hbv clearace 50% at 1 year
I already took too pill should I stop?
Sorry I took two pills should I stop? I got confused
I am going to stop it starting today I hope those two tabd 0.5mg each wont hurt me

2 pills make nothing, monitor liver by fibroscan every 6-12months and HCC prevention by Ultrasound every 6 months, as long as liver has no damage you can stay off treatment

also monitor hbsag quantity because if this gets lower than 1500iu/ml you have highest chances to clear hbv on interferon monotherapy or combo therapy
hbvdna and ast/alt to stay within resonable ranges too
FINDINGS **:
As with previous examinations the left lobe was very difficult to
evaluate or identify due to marked overlying bowel gas.
Visualized right lobe is coarse in echotexture and there are
multiple rounded hyperechoic foci throughout the right lobe. The
largest measures approximately 1 cm in diameter. The findings are
more conspicuous than on previous examinations and I cannot
completely exclude developing small nodules.