hepb-testing period
Hello if you got tested 5 months and some days after exposure to hbv and it was negative. Is it most likely you dont have hbv? I know the window period is up to 6 months but with hiv i know most people seroconvert way before the 3 month window same for hbv? Thanks help ease my mind with ur answers, need alot of anwers!!!
If you for sure were exposed to HepB then you hope to test positive for hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs).  The "window period" just means the period when your HBsAg has cleared (negative) but your anti-HBs has not yet become detectable (still negative).
Well, my hep b panel tested also for hepatitis b core igm antibody and that was non-reactive also and I thought that is the reliable marker for hepatitis infection left within the window period? Thanks for all ur help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:HBV_serum_markers.png
am i correct? thanks-jz
If your hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) is already positive your immune system already has the upper hand and you are cleared.