Hepatitis B Community
incubation period

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

incubation period

hi everyone I've a small question,
I had sex with a girl who is Hep B positive. After a month I took Hep B screening test and the report shows that am HVB negative. And then I took first dost of vaccine. Now I have one ques in mind that, does the virus can be identified with in one month? I am little confused knowing that the incubation period of the virus is 120 days. What is that mean?
Tags: sex
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.
HBsAg can be detected in an infected person’s blood after an average of 4 weeks which may range from 1–9 weeks after exposure to the virus. It may happen that sometimes the doctor may ask to check your blood again six months after your first visit to confirm your hepatitis B status. If you are still doubtful it is best to consult a hepatologist and get the test repeated. You may need additional tests like hepatitis B surface antibody and hepatitis B core antibody. All three test results are needed in order to make a clear diagnosis. Results of the tests are typically evaluated together. Do write to me with more queries.
Best luck and regards!
hbv patient taking baraclude tablet now 10 iu/ml. i want to be totally cure. what shall i do?  
hbv patient taking baraclude tablet now 10 iu/ml

hbvdna must be und in blood and even if und it means nothing to clearing the infection because hbvdna in blood is not hbvdna in the liver, the infection goes on the liver despite hbvdna und in blood.
hbvdna is useful to see if antivirals is working and if it is not und by 6-10months the antiviral is not working well

be sure the result is hbvdna detected at 10iu/ml, because you may confuse with hbvdna<10iu/ml  not detected, if not sure ask the lab to clarified if the test detected hbvdna at less than 10iu/ml or if not detected

to know if the infection is clearing you need hbsag quantity in iu/ml and not hbvdna, the antivirals are not able to clear hbsag but they can lower it year by year in most patients, especially hbeag pos, when hbsag reaches 1000iu/ml or less you can add on pegintf to the antiviral and finish to clear hbsag by 1-2 years of this combo.results for now are: 50% clear in 1 year of combo, 90% respond lowering hbsag to very low levels, 10% dont respond.by time we will know results of these combo and maybe even better percetages since many countries in europe and asia are using this combo routinely now