Hepatitis B Community
please help me .... i dont know what to do

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

my name is joey,27 female, im a student visa applicant for australia, and found out that  i have this chronic hepatitis B..   im worried about my health now,,, and why do they advise me to take Liver function test? what does it mean... is my dream will just fall apart? because of my health condition? do i still have a chance to get my visa?

friends please help me...
Hepatitis B can be treated and managed by existing medications. Not all patients require treatment, it depends on the phases of the disease. So see a experienced liver doctor and get tested. Your health will be fine as long as you get treated when it is necessary:

"Jamias explained that it may take up to 40 years before the patient develops manifestations of the virus. That is why they advise people to have regular checkups every six months if they want to be sure they do not have HBV.

“Hepatitis B is vaccine-preventable. But, it’s not the virus that kills you. It’s the complications that will do,” Jamias said.

Both Jamias and Wong advised patients not to fret because they are HBV positive. There are several tests which will be given to them before they will be actually treated. The treatment for HBV is offered to those who really need it and will greatly benefit from it.

“Most of the patients get depressed when they knew they are Hepa B positive. Some are even told they are going to die in five months. That’s not true,” Wong said.

“We have what we call ‘inactive carriers’ which means they can live for longer years and die of something else [than Hepa B]. It doesn’t mean it’s a death sentence,” he added.

Read more: http://business.inquirer.net/169047/hepa-b-is-not-hindrance-for-work
thats the problem ..... some doctors says we are not going to die but the way they discriminate us from our job its like they put us on death penalty...!!!!!!     IT IS SO HURT TO IMMAGINE THAN WHAT WE'VE GOT FROM THIS ILLNESS....
I cannot agree with you more. In some countries, discrimination against Hepatitis B is worst than the disease itself. China is one such country, however a hard struggle and united campaign saw improvement. Blatant discrimination against overseas workers by Middle East countries added fuel to discrimination at home of the workers. We must fight this discrimination based on ignorance and prejudice. Exercise your rights and protest, unity is strength. It can be overcome.