Hepatitis B Community
synlab accepts testing hbsag quantity

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

synlab accepts testing hbsag quantity

http://www.synlab.com/home.html?&no_cache=1&L=3
http://www.synlab.it
lucia.***@****

synlab, a european lab network, confirmed they accept blood samples sent by fedex to test hbsag quantity, you can contact them to know how to prepare blood sample and send by fedex for those in countries where hbsag testing is not permitted

these labs are very reliable

just found the name of synlab as the main laboratory for testing hbsag quantity on human trials from many italian hospitals, in particular i found this lab making the hbsag quantity for the trials of pegintf add on to long term nucs taking place in 2013

so making hbsag quant test in this lab is absolutely reliable
My question is how can we get the blood work done to send it? Our doctors probably wont do it...
No doubt. I was told no many times.
in my country it is a nurse job, not a doctor's, and you can have blood draw from any nurse just paying.....but it is even easier any lab will have blood draw just paying for it, i dont see what the problem is for such a stupid thing

i asked to send my samples for nagalase testing in netherlands and of course any lab offered to do it for some euros since they dont have nagalase testing which is a research level test

you can also check and ask on this forum, for CFS disease patients have to send blood samples to europe from all over the world and i never saw anyone having problems for blood draw...fedex paperwork is more complex than a blood draw

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?forums/gcmaf.10/
You have to understand that in the US for example there is a huge and powerful doctors lobby that forced on labs not to take blood samples without a prescription. So you go to the doctor and pay to get a lab slip and then pay again for a visit to get your results back.

Plus the health insurance companies that only care about keeping the cost down dont want a patient getting his own tests done because he may find something they then are obligated to treat. But in this type if system they can control even this as to what tests are ordered.

It all business and not about people and humanity.  . So yes for you it is shocking and hard to understand why.
You can get blood tests without a doctors orders from several places in the US. Examples are direct labs.com and life extension. They also perform these tests quite inexpensive.
Do you know if any of these labs do HbsAg quantitative?  I don't see them listed in the test list. Any one had experience with these?  
No public lab does the quant surface antigen testing in the USA. I think that Canada does not have it either.
Unfortunately I live in one of these states,  NY, NJ, MA, MD, and RI, where direct lab testing is now prohibited. Does anyone know other US labs I can check?