Hepatitis B Community
test question

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

test question

i was tested at 16 from possible exposure for all hepatitis and the results were negative. Are these results conclusive. i continue to have fatigue and loss of appetite for about 3 weeks. i have noticed that these symptoms are more relevant after a weekend of drinking a lot of alcohol but would the hep tests be conclusive?
16 weeks that is
Testing negative after 16 weeks means you're fine.  

You suggested yourself that your fatigue and loss of appetite are more severe after heavy drinking.  So stop hammering your liver with the alcohol.
You don't have to have hepatitis to have a damaged liver. If you are having fatigue and loss of appetite after drinking a lot of alcohol, your body is trying to tell you to give it a break! Keep it up and you could wind up with cirrhosis.

I have read that it can take up to 6 months for antibodies to show up in the blood, so you may want to get checked again at 6 months just to be safe.
i have also read that while you are showing symptoms that antibodies may not be detected. i showed symptoms for a week, right after a weekend of drinking, then i was fine for about a week and had another weekend of drinking and started with the same symptoms. loss of appetite, joint pains(in my hands this time), also my right side hurts a little. just one question, other than should i get tested again which i will, does alcohol bring out symptoms in people with hep b? i mean does that happen?
one more thing, my eyes are also stinging, that have anything to do with hep b?
what was your possible exposure incident?
btw, you do not have hep b.  4 months is more than enough time for accurate result. Tests are very sensitive for blood borne viruses.  
just started having odd symptoms after a sexual encounter,in this case it was almost exactly 4 months afterward but also the week after drinking a lot on the previous weekend. most are from paranoia i'm positive but the hep symptoms couldn't be because i never considered it. i asked about the testing because i had read that you may show negative on an antibody test during times you're showing symptoms and i had gone to the doctor because i was fatigued and achy. didn't know if i could show negative results and be positive. you think i should test again in 2 months? also i had asked the question, would excessive alcohol intake for 2 days on two seperate occassions cause the hep symptoms to show up or does that sound more like just basic liver symptoms from too much drinking. never had them till now. thanks for your response.