Hepatitis B Community
test result - help me interpret

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

test result - help me interpret

i have had my HepB test result...HepBs Ag is positive with a titer of 2.542 and COV 0.097...what does it mean?help me....

after 2 weeks i checked again and the result is HepBs Ag is positive with the PV is 193.17 and COV is <2.000
pls help me interpret the result for the first reason is i dont have any idea what is that TITER, PV and COV stands
for.....
My Doctor told me to take vitamins for the liver (multivit), eat healthy foods and need to rest well.....
please please please help me undertsand the figures....
thanks
Sounds like your doctor is saying your body is fighting off the HepB virus by itself and your should help your immune system do its clearing job.

Which country are you in?  Did your lab result give range values for COV, PV etc.?
im here in dubai now but i did the medical check in the Phillippines....
Did your lab result give range values for COV, PV etc.?
i dont know about COV or PV means....
HepBsAg + with a titer of 2.542 and PV 0.097...help me pls
in my medical test last year i was an active carrier.....now 1 year has gone.
do you think i still have it???can i work????
will i be deported or just declined to work???
do you think i still have it?

You said 1 year ago you were positive and now you are still positive with HepBsAg.  This would mean you have chronic HepB.

can i work?

Most people with HepB work.  Depends on the nature of your job.  Is it invasive?

will i be deported or just declined to work?

Depends on the laws of your residing country and the knowledge on HepB of your prospective employer.

Hope the above helps.
1 year ago i had it ...i mean april 2007....as i have read on the HepB welcome page
if i a person exposed to hepB and positive for HepBs Ag, adult people will recover after 6months right...what is an HepBsAg + reactive means?? is it chronic or acute??
Help me pls.....please i need answer badly  please
in the welcome page it is said that...
The risk of becoming chronically infected depends on the persons age at the time of infection....and just less than 5% of adults infected with hepaB develop chronic...
i was 24 when i got it ...one year has gone and i am taking liver vitamins since i got it.
i havent tried to check again...do you think the virus has gone? i was not able to check again because we dont have money...but i do follow the doctors advice before that i will
take liver vitamins and avoid alcohol and smoking...please please help me..
what do you think,has the virus gone?because in acute phase,a patient can recover after 6months...
i year has gone.....but i did not check again until now....i dont if i still have it...HELP ME HELP ME
We try our best to help you.

You are doing the right things to take care of your liver.  You are right if you were adult when you were exposed to HepB you have a good chance to clear HepB and be immune for life.  When you have your next test results look for hepatitis B surface antibody (anti-HBs) result.  If it is positive then you are cleared.

Best wishes