Hepatitis B Community
what is the normal level of HbeAG

This forum is an un-mediated, patient-to-patient forum for questions and support regarding Hepatitis B. Topics in this forum include but are not limited to, Causes, Diagnosis, Family and Relationships, Living With Hepatitis B, Research Updates, Treatment, Success Stories, Support, Symptoms.

what is the normal level of HbeAG

hi,.im seafarer wish to take my 1st travel and on board to ship but sad to say when my medical results came out doctors explained to me that i'am positive to hbsag then he required me to undergo some blood test. to determine if this is critical? one of the test is for HbeAG.what does it mean? & can you have an idea what is the normal level of HbeAG? this forum has been helpful. thank you..

test                  patiens's ABS             CUT OFF VALUE             results
HbeAG                   0.474                           0.105                      REACTIVE
There is no "normal range" of HBeAg. You are either HbeAg positive (reactive) or HbeAg negative.

In general HBeAg negative indicates inactive phase with low level of hbvdna (therefore low infectivity) and normal ALT.
I have hbeag = 2.79 In my blood
What it means
Yours is a qualitative test. Your report should state the result as  either positive or negative.
my test shows hbsAg reactive the cut off value is 1.00 and my value is 1,560 ,,is this very high?
It is not possible to say because your test is not a quantitative test. Anything above the cut off value is interpreted  as positive, that is all.