need detail
i know you can get hep. c from blood to blood contact. so does a paper cut count? my teacher was handing out papers well i had a paper cut on my finger from earlier that day. I got my paper and noticed blood she asked if she had got blood on any of our papers and it was fresh. idk if i touched it or if blood got in my cut. and i know im ocd about this stuff but i just want to know if a paper cut is deep enough.
IF your teacher had HCV and IF you got her fresh blood into a paper cut, the yes, it would be theoretically possible to acquire HCV in this manner. The odds are quite low however. Statistics on hospital staff acquiring HCV from accidental needle sticks with needles that are clearly known to be contaminated with infected blood still show a rate of transmission that is less than 5%. You can get yourself tested fairly easily, but in the long run you will do better to spend your money on OCD therapy. If you get yourself tested after EVERY remote possibility of infection, over the years it will be a huge number of tests. I do recommend testing whenever there is a real risk, like if you knew the teacher had Hepatitis C and knew that you touched that blood with your paper cut, but you would become a pincushion with all the blood tests required for every remote possibility that comes up in living life.
If your that worried get tested. But Ive never read of transmission via paper-cut before.
Hepatitis C isn't "THAT" easy to get.    You have to get the hepatitis C infected blood into your blood stream.    Yes you should be careful when blood is involved for many reasons.  Everyone should be tested for Hepatitis C.  This might be a good time to get that test and find out your current status.
o im getting tested ! no doubt. just not sure when I really don't want a false negative.
okay thank you
so how long does take to get results back? and how long after that happened should I wait?
If you have the antibody test done (most common and least expensive) you can get a false negative if you do it too early. To be certain you have to wait six months after exposure. If you are impatient you can spend more and have an HCV PCR test done. Six weeks after exposure is long enough and the test is more definitive too.